STARBOY | 48

IT WAS NO SURPRISE THAT NIKI RECEIVED LOOKS OF HORROR AS HE WALKED DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE LIT UP STREET, COVERED IN BLOOD

It was no surprise that a few screamed as their eyes landed on the weapon in his hand, but the Nishimura boy didn't care at all. He had his eyes on Choi Beomgyu and that was it. Everything around him was a blur.

"Beomgyu!" Niki called out, his voice shaking with anger, his jaw clenching as soon as the distressed boy spun around and faced him.

Beomgyu stood in shock for a moment, unsure on what to do. Everybody else in the street had also come to a halt, far to afraid to move incase they got injured somehow, and because they wanted to find out what was going on, and watch the scene play out.

"Why?" Niki asked, his voice breaking as he slowly shook his head.

"It was meant for you, Grease, I didn't do it on purpose." Beomgyu spat, looking the blood covered boy up and down in disgust. Even though he had just murdered his sister, he showed no compassion and that boiled Nishimura Niki's blood.

How dare he stand opposite him and show no care.

How dare he get away with murdering his girl.

Without another word, as vexation gushed through Niki's body and red swarmed his vision, he held up the gun and pointed it at Beomgyu, his hand trembling as tears leaked from his eyes.

Niki watched as Beomgyu's eyes widened in terror and he stumbled back, about to run away from the situation like he always did, but before he had the chance to get far, Niki pulled the trigger and three bangs were heard throughout the street, piercing everyone's ears.

Instantly, as soon as Niki watched as Beomgyu's deceased body hit the floor, everybody broke out into screams of fear and trepidation and the sound of faint police sirens in the distance snapped Niki from his thoughts of realization.

He had just killed somebody...

Quickly, the young Greaser took off into a sprint, hurrying past everyone and cutting corners, trying to get as far away as possible. He had so many thoughts rushing through his mind that it was giving him a headache.

Images of Miso's lifeless body continued to appear in his head, only driving him more insane and his heart to ache even more. He wanted it to stop. He didn't want to continue living that moment of his worst fear coming to life, but it was like his brain wouldn't — couldn't — switch off.

And so, as Niki turned a corner, he felt himself practically choke on his tongue as he realized he had been caught.

Police cars were coming from all directions, boxing him in and he felt his heart pound against his chest as he was blinded by the red and blue flashing lights.

He didn't care any longer.

He had nothing to live for.

Without any hesitation, Niki dug into the back of his denim jeans pocket and pulled out the bullet-free gun and began pointing at the fuzz, threatening them.

Immediately after, loads of gunshots were fired into the boys body, causing him to fall to the floor in agony. The bullets pierced his body and he felt his entire being surge with pain.

His chest was in agony with the thought of Miso going through this kind of pain, and he felt hot tears stream down his face, and he let out a fit of coughs, warm blood flowing from his mouth.

He knew what was about to happen, however that was what he wanted. He was going to be reunited with his true love and that was all that mattered.

So, as Nishimura Niki laid on the cold, concrete floor that summer night, he slowly shut his eyes, the last image in his head being his girl — Choi Miso — before he took his final, agonized breath and left the messed up world for good...

★