Chapter 9

Author's Note:

tysm for reading so far. ;-;  it's been fun reading all the comments yu guys leave, haha. LOTS of fun things cooked up for this story, so please leave feedback, comments, and follow if yu like the story so far. :D

As the chaotic broadcast finally came to an abrupt end, the inhabitants of the Hazbin Hotel found themselves enveloped in stunned silence. The room, filled with the buzz of conversation and laughter just moments before, had grown unnervingly quiet as they processed what they had just witnessed.

What was intended to be a straightforward advertisement, persuading sinners of the benefits of the hotel, had devolved into something completely disingenuous, resembling a parody more than a genuine pitch.

The stillness of the room was pierced by Alastor's cheerful laughter, and he watched as Vox, in a display of uncontrollable anger, was captured in the throes of a furious breakdown, demolishing his desk and unleashing a torrent of screams at his bewildered staff.

"Haha... heh... wow. I'd say that went rather swimmingly," Alastor said, reclining further into his armchair. He released a sigh of contentment that echoed the spark of amusement that still danced in his eyes.

"As well as anyone could have expected..." Vaggie countered in a dry tone as she stood up from the sofa. She shook her head in a mix of disbelief and exasperation, her fingers massaging the bridge of her nose, around her good eye. The spectacle they had just witnessed seemed to have drained her, adding a layer of weariness to her features.

"..So what now? People are just gonna start showin' up here jus' 'cause Vox told 'em to?" Angel Dust raised an eyebrow, a bit of skepticism lacing his voice as he remained glued to the screen.

He couldn't suppress a snicker, however, as he watched Velvet suddenly sneak up behind Vox, looking utterly disheveled. Her previously flawless outfit was now ripped and ruined, giving her the appearance of someone who had just escaped a gruesome scene in a horror flick rather than a fashion icon.

"As much as I loathe to concede... the man can be quite persuasive at times," Alastor grudgingly acknowledged, his fingers thoughtfully tapping against his chin while his gaze stayed locked on the unfolding drama on the television.

Amidst the chaos on the monitor, Velvet had Vox in a vise-like grip, shaking him with a fury that was both terrifying and mesmerizing. Vox, in turn, clutched at the remnants of his desk with the desperation of a cornered animal, his movements erratic and frantic, akin to a drenched cat fighting for its life.

Suddenly, Valentino burst onto the scene, his timing as unexpected as his intervention. It was as if he had been watching the drama unfold the whole time, but chose only now to do something about it. He swiftly moved in to pry the two apart, managing to hoist Velvet into the air by the tattered remains of her once impeccable ensemble.

His voice boomed over their struggle, commanding her to release Vox. But before the altercation could resolve, the feed abruptly terminated, leaving the viewers staring at a screen filled with static bars.

"Yep! This place will be bustling before you know it!" Alastor declared, his voice brimming with unwavering certainty. He stood up, his movements embodying the grace of a showman concluding a successful performance.

"I dunno... I watched it, and I still don't like stayin' here all that much," Angel admitted, sprawling across the couch that had just been vacated, claiming it for himself.

The unexpected sound of a knock at the front door cut through the room's atmosphere, drawing the collective gaze of the hotel's occupants. The abruptness of the sound piqued everyone's curiosity, leaving them to wonder who it could be.