Chapter 14 Part 1

Returning to V Headquarters, Valentino ascended to his tower, fueled by eagerness and a hint of malicious anticipation for the spectacle Vox was about to unveil. His steps carried a swagger, a blend of authority and mischief, as a sly grin spread across his face. With a dramatic push, he flung the doors open and strode towards his favored chaise, his fingers snapping in a brisk, commanding rhythm--an unspoken command for Kitty to spring into action.

Kitty, with her mechanical limbs whirring softly, approached him with haste. She presented a meticulously prepared drink, her smile practiced yet devoid of warmth. Valentino's response was a chuckle, rich with satisfaction. He maneuvered to the sofa's front, ready to immerse himself in the comfort of his domain. Yet, as the moth leaned back to recline, he was met with an unexpected jolt--a forceful kick to his lower back that sent him staggering forward with a shriek that melded shock with discomfort.

The drink, freshly concocted and untouched, catapulted from his grasp, shattering against the ground. Its contents bled out onto the pristine fabric of Valentino's new oriental rug--a stark, unwelcome contrast against the intricate patterns. With his glasses askew and a visage twisted in sheer vexation, Valentino's outrage flowed freely, his wings quivering, manifesting the tempest within him.

"What the FUCK?!" His voice, laced with indignation, tore through the silence, echoing off the walls as he spun around, desperate to identify the audacious soul who had dared to mar his dignity. However, his fiery glare cooled into a puzzled squint upon laying eyes on the perpetrator--Velvet.

There she was, occupying his cherished spot, her posture relaxed, one leg elegantly draped over the other. Nonchalance painted her features as she flicked through her phone, utterly unfazed by the turmoil she had incited.

"Sorry. Guess you didn't see me there," Velvet remarked sarcastically, her attention divided as her fingers danced meticulously over the screen. Valentino scowled, his eyebrows knitted in irritation as he rose to full height, rubbing his backside as if she'd really done some damage.

"Ugh, how lovely... The drama queen is finally done with her tantrum," he scoffed with a note of sarcasm, his shoulders hunched indignantly as he loomed over her.

"Oho! I'm never done, Val... It's a way of life," she snapped back, finally looking up from her phone to shoot him a prideful grin, an expression he couldn't help but counter with an unimpressed sneer.

"I just wanted to check out Vox's 'special show' on the big screen... From what I've seen online, it's sure to be epic."

"...As if you don't have, like, ten of your own..." Val muttered under his breath, reluctantly choosing to occupy the armchair next to hers instead of insisting on reclaiming his spot.

"And watch it all alone..? Please, I'm not some sad weirdo like you or Vox," she replied with an almost insulted chuckle, shaking her head, though it was Val who seemed to take the most offense.

"I'm surprised you're even interested... After all the shit Vox put you through the other day, hehe..." Valentino remarked playfully, bringing his cigarette holder up to his mean-spirited grin, his gold canine glinting from the flicker of his lighter.

"Turns out my fans love a good dose of drama and chaos," Velvet shared with an air of indifference, her shoulders lifting in a casual shrug. "Thanks to that, my spring collection sold out a week early."

Her aura of triumph seemed to permeate the room, and even Valentino found himself reluctantly affected, a smirk unfurling across his face.

"Well, I suppose you're just lucky your fans couldn't spot you without foundation," Valentino quipped, the barb designed to sting yet delivered with a flicker of amusement in his eyes.