STARBOY | EPILOGUE

EVER SINCE THE DEATHS OF NISHIMURA NIKI AND CHOI MISO, THINGS HAD BECOME DIFFERENT

Choi Miso and Nishimura Niki showed the world what true love was despite living with the strict segregation rules. They showed that money didn't matter, and influenced the Socs and Greasers to mix.

Moon Jia was given the confidence to open up about her friendship with the South Side, and unexpectedly, after people heard about Miso and Niki's story, they were willing to accept.

As much as Hwang Wonyoung, Kim Chanyoung, Kang Minhee, Choi Yoonah, and Kang Jiwoo would try and steal the spotlight from Miso, stating that they were the ones who made the relationship happen, nobody believed them because the Choi girls ex-best friend, Huening Kai spoke out against them.

Whenever he was asked about Choi Miso, it was no doubt that his face would light up as the memories of her would appear in his head and he was more than happy to tell people how kind and loving she was.

Nobody seemed to speak about Choi Beomgyu anymore. He was seen as the cities villain by many Socs and Greasers — though no matter what, his parents still stood by him.

A lock was put on Choi Miso's bedroom door, nobody daring the enter. The pink, silk bed sheets that she and Niki would once lay on together were now stone cold, and the pictures she had put up around her room of the two were left to collect dust.

One of Niki's jackets that he'd left in her room would be permanently thrown across the back of Miso's desk chair, never to be touched again, and the Elvis Presley record would continue to sit in the record player, waiting to be played again, because Miso had forgotten to put it away after the couple had listened to it together.

And the window, that would always be left slightly ajar for the Nishimura boy to sneak in whenever he wanted to, was now firmly shut tight and locked, never to be used for that purpose ever again...

The six boys and Ria would forever miss the two no matter what — even if Miso had only been their friend for almost a year.

Ever since going back to work, it never felt the same for Jay Park and Jake Sim. It was suddenly so quiet, and lonely despite having each other. Choi Miso wasn't their with her cheery personality.

Lee Heeseung would miss having a little sister figure running about his house — and he'd miss having Niki as a little brother figure to yell at when he'd done wrong, or to give advice to when needed.

Yang Jungwon would miss his walks with Miso when he would walk her home late at night after a hangout — and he would forever hold a sense of guilt with him for suggesting to go to the park that fatal night, and Kim Sunoo would miss the kindness and love she naturally gave out.

Park Sunghoon would miss his passenger princess and Sim Ria would miss her best friend.

And now, as the years go on, and everyone ages, Miso and Niki continue to lay buried side by side in the meadow, underneath the tree that held their engraved names.

They deserved a happy ending, and even if they couldn't have one in this messed up, unfair life, they sure as hell could have one in their next.

THE END.

★