2. The Heart Remembers

Do vote and comment.

Sorry, my internet was doing Jhalak dikhla ja today.

-------------------------

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮!"

Author's POV

As Aaryaveer and Aarav emerged from Athulya's room to let her rest peacefully, when they heard a noise outside and met with the sight of Ishaan standing awkwardly, holding a bunch of flowers and nursing a broken nose.

"I-I actually came to visit her," Ishaan stuttered, sensing their hostility.

"Keep it down. We don't need any disturbances while she's resting. And why exactly did you come to see her?" Aaryaveer's tone was firm as he stood in front of Ishaan, blocking his path.

"She's a friend of mine," Ishaan replied nervously.

"A friend? Really? My sister wouldn't be friends with someone like you," Aarav interjected, his voice dripping with disdain.

"More than a friend," Ishaan admitted shyly, his cheeks flushing crimson.

"Oh, I see! Looks like he deserves some special treatment, huh, Aarav?" Aaryaveer smirked, exchanging a knowing glance with his brother.

"Come on, don't be shy. Follow me," Aarav said, placing a reassuring hand on Ishaan's shoulder and leading him aside just as Aarushi passed by.

"What's happening here? Ishaan, why are you here? Can't you go a single day without getting rejected by her or spewing your cheesy lines?" Aarushi teased, her tone laced with amusement. "Sometimes, I wish you had a brain so you'd realize she's way out of your league. Oh, by the way, that swollen nose suits you quite well," she quipped, chuckling to herself as she walked away.

"Aarushi, could you please go inside? This is a private conversation," Aarav called after her, trying to contain his laughter.

"You and your 'men to men' talks. Fine! But Ishaan, you weren't that bad. I'll plant some flowers on your grave," Aarushi teased, disappearing into Athulya's room with a mischievous grin.

"Pay no mind to her, she's just a jokester. But what happened to your pretty nose?" Aarav inquired, both brothers standing firm, their hands resting on him.

"A m-misunderstanding," Ishaan stammered nervously.

"So, you got into a fight over it? With whom?" Aaryaveer prodded, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"I-I had a misunderstanding with her," Ishaan confessed, his fear palpable as he glanced between the two brothers.

"Oh! Tsk tsk, my sister showed too much restraint. If it were up to me..." Aaryaveer's words trailed off as he delivered a swift punch to Ishaan's face, darkening his eye.

"And if I were there," Aarav interjected, producing a gun from his back pocket and pressing it against Ishaan's lips, "then it would be this gun in my hand, Veer's hands at trigger , and your mouth. One sound, and the bullet finds its way down your throat." A sinister smile played across Aarav's lips, sending shivers down Ishaan's spine as beads of sweat formed on his forehead.

"If we catch you within 100 meters of her again, this won't be a threat, it'll be reality." Aaryaveer added with a menacing grin.

"No one breathes after crossing the line with my sister. Got it? Now, GET OUT! OUT! Right now!" With one final blow, the brothers shoved Ishaan out the door, brushing off their hands with satisfaction.