𖣔 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ 𖣔

My head hurts. A lot. I can't remember what happened last. I try to recall. I recall nothing except my name being frantically called.

Reina! Reina! Please wake up! Reina, please!

"Please wake up, Regina." I heard a soft feminine voice murmuring in my ears. I felt my hands. They were clutched by someone's hands. I felt a drop of water on my eyes. That wasn't rain, this I knew. What confused me and brought me back from dead was my name change.

Where did that "G" in Regina come from? I am Reina, for Heaven's sake.

The drop was now becoming drops as they slided from my cheeks into my eyes. I blinked furiously against it to get the salt water out. I looked up to see a girl crying over my face. I realized the salty water were tears.

"Why the-" I was about to say something, but I stopped. This wasn't my voice. This was too deep, too musical, too velvety to be mine. You could describe it as a luxurious voice. That's how it sounded to me.

That's not the point, Reina!

I looked at the woman again. Now it was my time to get surprised. She was wearing a long purple ball gown with mutton legs sleeves; I could almost see how tight the corset was. Her eyes were green. She was a stocky redhead. I didn't understand the color combination. Her outfit too had several layers of black net. She had a choker on her neck and several other chains hanging around connecting to one another in ways I had never imagined before. She had her hair loose with another set of jewelry.