•2•

PORT OF CARNE-VALE, 01:45. May 5

You are woken up by your brother's call and immediately smell smoke. Groaning, you get up from your bed and leave your room. You then run up to Dave, seeing cannons and fire almost everywhere. The two of you quickly make an agreement--he'll check out the Crusader while you go after the Culler.

After sprinting towards said massive ship docked on the coast of your hometown, you notice a guy with glasses and a purple streak in his hair standing nearby. Eridan Ampora, first mate aboard the Culler. You've heard about him and some of the others on local news and such. They were supposed to be ruthless killers, hence the name of the ship, but you weren't afraid of them at all really.

He spots you and walks over, stopping and inspecting you from your feet all the way up to your anime shades, while you kept your famous poker face.

"Fef, I think you might want to check this guy out!" He called. A few minutes later a girl appears by the two of you. She was wearing a black suit streaked with fuchsia and a pirate hat. Must be Feferi Peixes, the Culler's well-known captain. Related to the Condesce.

"What's your name?" Peixes asks, walking over to stand directly in front of you, next to Eridan.

"Dirk. Dirk Strider."

"Hmm." She thinks for a moment, then reaches out her hand for you to shake. "Pleased to meet you! Welcome to the crew, Strider."

You casually shake her hand, doing your best to keep on an expressionless face. Eridan was scowling next to the grinning form of Feferi, but you decide to ignore him for now. In the end, her decision was final, not his.

She leads you into the Culler with Ampora behind her and you follow, staring at the ship that would now be your new home. Carne-Vale, your hometown, was pretty much gone now, but you were leaving your old, boring life behind to become a pirate. From now on things would never be the same.

You just hoped you'd see Dave again sometime

DOCKED AT CARNE-VALE, 01:56. May 5

As you hand Strider off to Aradia, you make your way up a flight of stairs towards your quarters. You tried to keep it as visually appealing as possible, but the reek of fish always seems to come through anyway. It was fishy, if you do say so yourself.

You begin to ask yourself why you actually you'd let this Dirk kid join your crew. He'd just seemed... you don't know how to put it. Desperate? No, that wasn't a good word. How about... willing. Yeah, that seemed good enough.

He seemed like he was willing and ready to take orders from someone. A good quality, especially in a member of the Culler's crew. You'd have a lot of explaining to do when you find the Empress's Revenge. Specifically of why you'd broken a pact not to take on any new crew members. There'd been a document signing and everything.

Overall, you were pretty sure Serket, Mindfang, and your mum were gonna be shella pissed. Whoops. Well, you can't just kick the Strider boy off of the Culler altogether. He'd spread rumors if you let him off alive , but you weren't really in a culling mood after bombarding an entire city.

The Crusader had left port a while ago; before you realized that you needed to talk to Vriska, and fast. The last thing you'd want your forgetfulness to lead to is an all out war of dragons and horrorterrors. That would be a pain in the glubbing ass.

You ran a hand along the much eroded wall, grinning at the gooey wetness that remained on your fingers afterwards. You practically leap out of your quarters, facing the crew. "LOWER THE SAILS! WE'RE GOING UNDER! YOU LANDWELLERS BETTA HEAD INSIDE!"