Chapted 3: The heiress

Regulus looks at the guard like he's crazy. Seriously, she's got to be what 17 years old, and he's afraid of her. The girl looks at the guard rather impaintantly. The man avoids eye contact with her. "My Highness," He mumbles lowly. "Your father.....he's ill." Regulus wips his head around at the girl at the use of your highness, but she seems unfazed by the term. "And why should I care?" The man looks bewildered by her statement and still looks at Regulus pleadenly. He can feel something radiating off the girl, but it's not emotion. He can't tell what she's feeling even though it's impossible.
To be fair, he's as surprised as the guard. Regulus is getting whiplash from the girl. She went from sassy to kind to cold, and it's not helping. "He is your father." The man says slowly, almost cautiously. Regulus' fangs are still bared, but he doubts he'll be the one to kill the guy. "My father, who never gave a fuck about me." The girl says simply, face expressionless. Regulus knows what that's like. His father always favored his older brother, and look where that led him. Dead. He had been a fool to trust Sirius. Regulus knew that Sirius, despite being a vampire, was friends with several witches and hunters. It was only a matter of time before something happened to their father. The thing is, Regulus wasn't sad. He had lost that feeling a long time ago, along with any love he had ever had for his family. "Paris...." He starts looking at the girl whose eyes widen. Regulus turns to her. That name. The name of the King and Queens youngest daughter. "You're the princess." Regulus says as soon as it hits him. The royal family comes from a long line of vampire hunters. Each born having their own skill. Whether it be speed, accuracy, sight, ect. Most of the vampires hide from sight. Scared to even step foot out of their safe places. Regulus has never been scared of them, but it doesn't stop his deep resentment and hatred from growing. "No shit Sherlock." Paris says rolling her eyes. The guard just looks between them. "Paris... your mother.." Paris turns her head to him almost sharply. Anger seen visible on her face. The only emotion that Regulus can feel of her. "Step-mother!" She corrects in a hiss.
It was no secret that the King had had a wife previous to the Queen. It was also no secret that he had 4 royal children; now down to 3. It was a mystery as to what happened to the two family members, but everyone always came short with an explanation. "Sorry your highness bu..." Everything goes quiet.

***
I tried to do a cliffhanger :)))))

Have a good day or night 🌙 ✨️

Thank you 💖