41. From above

Just like everyday, the soft singing of the birds woke him up with great happiness awaiting him.

His smile was brighter than usual as his eyes wandered down below.

Underneath the dense air mass, he saw him looking prettier than ever.

He kneeled down and intertwined his hands together, his cheeks smudging upwards upon smiling so wide.

Leeknow could feel his heart picking up its pace and thumping against his fair skin.

His pale finger lightly grazed the cloudy surface, the mortal one's silhouette wobbling like a water surface.

Minho flinched back and held his finger close to his chest. Lowly humming, dismayed, he leaned forward and knitted his eyebrows together.

"Come back.." his request coursed down his lips like sweet honey.
Then, the one he was previously admiring appeared, as far as Minho could see, walking to his school.

He was crazy about the way his school uniform stuck on his body, the way it was vainly displaying his muscular arms and his slim, hourglass figure.

His hair was long and curly and his lips were tinted with a dark peach color. His long eyelashes were curled upwards and his eyes had soft brownish eyeshadow smeared around, perfectly framing them.

Leeknow held a lovestruck, lopsided grin on his face and turned his head around, reaching out his hand to tug on the hem of his shirt.

The moment his eyes moved down below to catch a glimpse of the boy, his heart sank like an imposing and stable ship on its first voyage. So unexpectedly yet causing immense heartache.

His eyes drifted up once more.

A striking light materialized as soon as Leeknow got up, forming an unfamiliar figure within it.

Minho squinted his eyes in a clueless way of trying to make out who it was. With slow steps, he slowly walked on the soft surface, approaching the figure.

Through the light-like portal walked a young boy, probably in his 20s. He was too young to be here, Minho thought.

The boy's aura was calming,

Just like the aura of the boy he had been watching.

His face was youthful and plump.

Just like the face of the boy he had been watching.

His physique was fit but could make girls cry.

Just like the physique of the boy he had been watching.

Minho for once felt his chest tighten. He wanted to smile, smile because he would finally be able to meet him face to face but cry, because he wasn't supposed to be here.

"W-where am I..?" The young man asked, looking around the blue, vibrant sky.

Leeknow remained quiet. He simply held an undescribable expression on his face, gazing at the ground with tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"In heaven.."

§

Idk if you understood but thanks for reading anyways ⭐