Wedding Night

Josie smiles down at Buri who is asleep in the basket at the end of her new bed. Her bed with Tommy who was not yet up but had told her to go ahead while he finished talking buisness with his brothers.

Even though she was curious she did not listen in. She had used to do once upon a time. With her first love Alfie Solomons then with Billy Kimber but when he had found out he had beat her. And for the next few weeks she had to double up on her make up to make sure no one saw the bruises.

It had become a habit. One she had yet to learn to break.

Josie smiles down at Buri who is sleeping soundly with small quiet snores coming out of his slightly open mouth. She glances around as Tommy walks into the bedroom and puts a finger to her lips telling him to be quiet.

He nods as he walks over to the bed and sits down as he starts to unbutton his shirt pausing in surprise, his eyes following his new wife as she takes over after moving over to stand in front of him.

"We don't have to do anything if you don't want" he mutters to her and she nods but continues to undress him. Silently slipping off his shirt and breeches from his shoulders. "What about the baby?"

"He's heard worse." was her only reply as she moves to her knees and unbuckles his trousers before being pulled to her feet by Tommy whose eyes have been taken over by lust as his hands slowly push her nightdress up to pool at her waist.

She shrieks silently in surprise as she is rolled onto her back as Tommy leans over her and attacks her neck as he frees himself and pushes himself inside her. Josie gasps with surprise as she adjusts as her body slowly starts to build. He continues to thrust until she comes undone moaning into his shoulder as she wraps her legs around his waist.

Soon after Josie feels something shoot up inside her and Tommy stills above her with a groan. Josie glances at Tommy who has his face buried in her shoulder as he leans on his elbows before he rolls off of her as he puts himself back into his trousers.

Without looking at her he says "Get into bed, Josie. Get some rest."

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Do you not want to sleep?"

He shakes his head "I don't sleep... I just go back to the war."

Josie says nothing as she looks at him before she starts to sing quietly making Tommy look at her surprised as he listens to her voice and smiles slightly when he feels sleep coming over him.

And for the first time since the war, Tommy Shelby falls into a dreamless sleep.