The Garrison

Grace looks up as Josie walks into the pub with Buri on her hip as he plays with a toy Tommy had given him. It was a toy horse, the one his mother had given him when he was young.

"We don't serve women. Sorry." Grace tells Josie who looks at her before looking around the pub and smiling at a Peaky Blinder who nods to her as he walks over to Grace who looks at him confused.

"This is Mrs. Shelby love. Give her wants and it'll be on the house. There a good girl" the Peaky Blinder bows his head slightly to Josie before muttering "The Shelbys sit in the snug, Mrs. Shelby you should sit there as well."

Grace looks at the brown haired woman surprised almost missing her order of a whiskey and coke before she vanishes with the brown eyed child into the snug after ordering a an orange juice for the child as well.

The Peaky Blinder looks at Grace who quickly makes the drinks before bringing them into the snug finally allowing the Peaky Blinder to his back down at his table with his mates.

Josie looks up from making faces at Buri who sits on her lap giggling as Grace walks in with two glasses in her hands. She puts one, the orange juice, down closer to the edge of the table and the other whiskey with coke down in the middle.

"You have kids?"

Grace looks up at the woman who is married to a Shelby brother but has no idea which. "Pardon?"

"You a posho too then. You got kids?"

"No, no I don't why?" Grace shakes her head  as she stands straightening herself up.

"You put the drink away from the kid. Only someone with kids or been around kids would do that." Josie says as she puts Buri down onto the floor beside her as he wines.

"I have sisters and brothers. They have children." Josie nods as her reply as she examines Grace who moves under her gaze. "Who are you married to? Arthur? John? Or Thomas?"

"Hmm?" Josie looks up at her from glancing down at Buri. "I am Tommy's wife. Josephine Lee. Well Shelby now I suppose. I was a Kimber before that though, but Tommy freed me from that marriage."

Grace blinks trying to hide her shock at the news. She did not know Tommy was courting someone when he took her to the races. Then she frowns as she looks at Josie and she suddenly remembers her.

"You were at the races"

Josie looks at her confused. "Do I know you?"

"I was there with Thomas. He let me go home with your husband."

Josie nods as the barmaid comes back to her. "I am sorry about that, I hope William did not hurt you too much, but from what I remember Tommy got you out before the two hours were up."

Grace nods "Yes, he did."

Sensing Grace does not want to talk about it and remember how cruel William Kimber could be Josie chose not to push the subject and dismissed Grace with a nod.