The War (part 3)~

(There are footnotes where there is a number inside parenthesis (x) btw)

When 5:45am hits, Aziraphale has just finished hiding Mabel. He's been working on it for a while, but no demon should be able to find them.

Aziraphale reports back to camp, nobody having noticed that he was gone, and exactly at 6:00am, a gun fires. Everyone rushes to grab their weapons, including Aziraphale. If they're going into battle, whether the plan or not, he has to defend himself.

Aziraphale and Crowley lock eyes as both sides are firing their guns, attacking each other. "I got this one!" Crowley yells, pointing at Aziraphale, grimacing as the words come out of his mouth. It's like he claimed Aziraphale to be his victim.

Everyone nods and starts calling out who they'll get, and bodies start dropping. Aziraphale is slightly saddened by the loss of his brothers and sisters, but it's for a greater cause.

The war to be over.

For about an hour they fight, shooting the other side, and then it came down to Aziraphale, Crowley, and another demon at Crowley's side. "Back off, he's mine." Crowley says to the other demon, pointing the gun at Aziraphale who fell to the ground during the fight.

Aziraphale glances around, making sure no other angels are alive to hurt Crowley, but when he sees one limping towards them, he jerks his eyes to Crowley and back to the angel. "Crowley." Aziraphale whispers.

Crowley turns and points the gun at the other angel, killing him instantly as the shot is fired.

"Now, since you got that one, give me this one." The other demon says, Aziraphale's eyes going wide.

"No, he's mine. I called him at the beginning." Crowley says, walking closer to Aziraphale.

"You got the other one!" The other demon says. Crowley turns to him and groans, firing a shot directly into his skull. He drops the weapon and reaches a hand out for Aziraphale. Aziraphale takes it and stands up, looking around at all of the fallen bodies.

"Crowley, is it over?" Aziraphale asks, seeing blood all over everything, including them. Crowley sighs and puts his head on Aziraphale's shoulder.

"I think so." He says, breathing harshly.

"Dear, are you okay? Are you injured?" Aziraphale asks, lowering Crowley and himself to the ground as Crowley's knees begin to give out.

"Just gimme a minute." Crowley says, tears falling from his eyes.

"It's alright dear, take your time. Are you injured at all?" Aziraphale asks, holding the demon in his arms.

Crowley doesn't respond, he just lifts up his shirt to show Aziraphale where a bullet grazed him, leaving a deep cut on his side.

"Oh." Aziraphale says, putting a hand over the wound and healing it. "There you go." Aziraphale says, kissing Crowley's hair, not worrying about how messy or dirty they are.

"Mabel, dear, you can come out now." Aziraphale speaks into the woods. Mabel walks up to the two figures on the ground, placing a hand on Crowley's shoulder.

"Is he okay?" Mabel asks, worried.

"I believe so. I think he just needs to let some stuff out." Aziraphale says, pulling Mabel to sit with them on the ground as well.

"You're alright, Crowley. Please, look at me." Aziraphale speaks softly. Crowley lifts his face, looking at Aziraphale. "I love you, dear. It's okay. It's over." Aziraphale says, tears dropping from his eyes as well. It's finally over.