1

Intrigue

Whitney leaned back against the plush cushions of her balcony chair, the cool morning breeze tousling her hair as she savored the familiar ritual of her morning routine. With a steaming cup of coffee cradled in one hand, she idly scrolled through her Instagram feed with the other, her gaze drifting lazily over the vibrant images and fleeting glimpses of other people's lives.

As Whitney took a sip of her coffee, the rich, aromatic brew enveloped her senses, its comforting warmth spreading through her body like a gentle caress. For a moment, she allowed herself to be lost in the tranquility of the morning, the rhythmic chirping of birds and distant hum of city life providing a soothing backdrop to her thoughts.

With each scroll of her finger, Whitney's mind drifted further away from the present, drawn into the captivating whirlwind of social media. She marveled at the carefully curated snapshots of exotic destinations, envy tinged with admiration as she glimpsed into the lives of others, if only for a fleeting moment.

But beneath the facade of contentment, a subtle undercurrent of restlessness simmered within her, a nagging sense of dissatisfaction that lingered just beneath the surface. Despite the outward appearance of tranquility, Whitney couldn't shake the feeling that something was missing, a void that no amount of scrolling could ever hope to fill.

Suddenly, her phone vibrated with an incoming call, and Saint's name flashed on the screen. With a grin, she answered, her voice laced with warmth as she greeted her childhood friend.

On the other end of the line, Saint's deep voice resonated with a comforting familiarity, carrying the weight of years of shared memories and unspoken understanding. Tall and handsome with a fade that complemented his dark skin, Saint exuded an aura of confidence and genuine warmth that drew people to him like moths to a flame.
As the owner of a successful fashion and makeup brand, Saint's journey from their humble beginnings in elementary school to his current position of influence was nothing short of remarkable. But amidst his achievements, he remained grounded, guided by an unwavering sense of integrity and loyalty to those who mattered most to him.

"What bitch?" Whitney's tone was casual, yet genuine, the familiarity of their long-standing friendship evident in the easy cadence of her words.

"You so annoying!" they laughed together, the warmth of their shared history evident in their easy banter. "But guess what?" Saint teased, a hint of mischief in his tone.

Intrigued, Whitney leaned forward, her curiosity piqued. "You finally got some dick?" she prompted, a hint of anticipation coloring her voice.

"You're BLOCKED!" he yelled and they both fell out, "No, whore, I sealed the deal with that investor I been chasin' for months," Saint exclaimed, his voice filled with pride. "And we having a event Saturday to celebrate."

A surge of excitement rippled through Whitney at Saint's words, a rush of pride and admiration swelling within her at his remarkable achievement.

"Saint!" she exclaimed, genuine excitement lacing her words. "I'm so proud of you."
But as Saint extended the invitation for her to join him at the event, Whitney hesitated, a flicker of uncertainty clouding her mind.

"Girl, I don't know." she began tentatively, her voice tinged with hesitation. "I appreciate the invite,"

"Nippy, you the reason why I'm successful," Saint added earnestly, his voice filled with gratitude. "I wouldn't be where I am today without you."

In that moment, Whitney was transported back to their teenage years, to the time when they were just sixteen years old, brimming with dreams and aspirations. She vividly remembered the day when she first modeled his products on Instagram, their impromptu photoshoot capturing the essence of their friendship and the spirit of their shared vision.