01

i've never been the shy type. i make my presence known wherever i am. i speak even when im told not to, i talk to anyone no matter which side of the island they're from and most of all, i do what i want, when i want.

my mom is a pogue, my dad is a kook. he's very involved in my life, considering i was conceived when he was married. i stay from his house to my moms house, not really having anywhere to actually call 'home'

i've always loved music, being part of a band since high school. it consists of the 4 of us, me, callum, cole- who are twins, then dexter.

"ana, are you listening?" callum asks and i look up from my notes, smiling.

"yes." i say and he crosses his arms over his chest and i stare at his veins.

"what did i say?" he asks as he comes closer and i look back into his eyes.

"i don't know." i whisper slightly and he nods, and sits next to me.

"you can't be obvious." he whispers to me, and i stare at cole. he's been my best friend since the beginning of high school, "he will murder me if he knew i've been hooking up with his best friend."

"he won't know." i tell him quietly, turning my head to him. he looks at my lips and back into my eyes and nods simply.

"then stop looking at me like you want to kiss me." he says and i laugh slightly and look down at his arms, touching them softly.

"do you really want me to do that?" i ask as i look into his eyes and giggle quietly and stand up.

we're in my moms garage, as she is out at work for the day.

"hey, did you guys hear there is a party tonight?" i ask them all as i hold my papers in my hand.

"uh, yeah. kelce invited me." dexter said and i nod.

"you going?" i ask him and he nods, "can i go with you?" he nods once again, "thanks."

"it starts in an hour." he informs me and i nod.

"best wrap up here. i need to get ready." i say and start to clean up. they all join in and join me in my room as i get ready.

i find an outfit, a red lace shirt, a black leather mini skirt, and a black leather jacket to match. i put on all my jewellery and do some simple makeup.

i throw my hair into a messy bun, a few strands flowing around my face and i layer myself in perfume.

i put on some black leather knee high boots and finish the drink.

"you guys ready?" i ask them and they all look at one another.

"ana, we've been ready for ages." dexter says and laughs, and i smile, taking his hand and leaving the house.

once we arrive at the house, we enter and immediately get drinks.

cole and callum leave, and i turn to dexter.

"so, what are your plans for tonight? find a hook up, or just drink?" i ask and he scans the area, looking for a girl.

"hook up." he says and downs the rest do his drink, heading towards the girl making me laugh.

"anastasia roseway." i hear and i turn to see sarah cameron.

"oh my god! hey!" i say and we hug.

"what are you doing here? i thought you didn't do kook parties?" she says and rests a hand on the counter and tilts her head to the side slightly.

i laugh and move the strands of hair out of my face and nod.

"yeah i dont, but i heard and i felt like i needed a party, you know?" i say and she nods.

"completely understandable. so, how's the band?" she asks and i nod.

"good. we've started to make our own music, not just doing covers anymore." i say and sip on the drink.

"oh my god! that's amazing. you still performing at the country club?" she asks and i shrug.

"sometimes. but, we're only allowed to play strictly PG13 songs." i say with a slight laugh and joins in.

"i best go, topper must be looking for me, but we should hang out." she says and i nod, waving her off and sipping my drink.

as i turn around, i bump into something.

"oh shit, i'm sorry!" i say and i tip the drink all over their back.

they turn around and i see it's rafe.

"im so sorry, i didn't know you was behind me, shit." i mumble and he shakes his head.

"it's okay, don't worry about it." he says and i look up and see his facial expressions.

"are you.." i look around and gesture for him to lean down so i can whisper, he does so and i finish the sentence, "high?"

"obviously roseway, it's a party." he says and laughs slightly. i nod and look around nervously, "what's the matter? you want a hit?" he asks and i look at him.

"what is it? coke? weed?" i list quietly, and he laughs.

"it's not a bad word, just say it with confidence. half of the people here are drugged up." he says and scans the crowd.

"right." i say and he looks back at me, "but no, i'm okay thank you." i say and he nods.

"you sure? you look very on edge."

"i don't like kook parties." i tell him and he raises his brows, "more trouble happens here than at pogue party's." i tell him and he sips his drink.

"come on." he says and he places his hand on my lower back and guides me through the house.

we head into the basement were people are taking drugs and making out.

"a little weed can't hurt." he says and he grabs a joint, paying the boy selling it.

"okay. how much?" i ask as i dig through my pockets.

"take it as a gift." he says and i laugh, and he lights it up for me, and passes it.

i take a drag and hand it back to him, where he does the same.

"feeling a bit better?" he asks and i nod a little.

"sure." i say and he nods, and we sit down.

"so, if you don't like kook parties, why are you here?" he asks as he places my legs on his thighs.

"i heard about it, and i needed a party. i just need to be distracted." i answer and he nods, taking another drag and handing it to me.

"why?" he asks and i shrug, smoking the joint.

"i'm in love with a guy im hooking up with." i tell him and he raises his brows, and i realise what i said, "oh shit, forget that." i say and he laughs, and i join in.

"i didn't expect that." he admits and i laugh, nodding.

"neither did i." i say and he turns to away from me and i sigh, "i don't think this is helping."

"what isn't?" he asks as i pass him the joint.

"this. the party, the weed." i say and he turns to me.

"i think i might know what might help." he says and i raise my brows and he leans in, and i smile slightly.

he connects our lips and i rest my hand on his cheek, he leans back and stays close.

"you want.." he starts and i nod, he places the joint in the ashtray and he stands up and pulls me up with him.