Chapter 2: Origins Part 2

Everyone paused as Nadja updated Paris on the mysterious stone creatures that were dispersed around the city. She stood to the side of a picture of one of Stoneheart's minions, tablet in hand.

"The stone beings are scattered all over Paris, and for the time being, they are showing no signs of movement." She said, showing a variety of pictures. "Police have cordoned off the area."

The screen changed to show André standing alongside Officer Roger. "We won't stop until we find a way to get these people back to their normal selves, but for now, we're not making much headway."

The camera flipped back to Nadja standing next to a photo of Ladybug and Cat Noir. "Paris is relying on our new guardian angels, Ladybug and Cat Noir, to save us all. Our lives depend on them."

***

Marinette stood by her father, watching the TV as he washed the dishes. Tom turned around and put his arm on Marinette's shoulder.

"Listen, I know how upsetting and scary this is, but don't worry, sweetie; we've got two superheroes looking out for Paris, and the best way of helping them is to show them that we're not scared, because we trust them." He said, raising his fist and scrunched his face with confidence and faith.

"But what if Ladybug fails?" She asked, looking down in shame. She had failed as a superhero; she knew she wasn't meant for this.

"Then I'd come and save you." Tom said, holding a piece of sword as a sword. "Super Baker to the rescue!" He joked.

Marinette giggled and reached up to give her father a peck on the cheek. "Thanks, Super Dad!" She ran up her room and grabbed her purse, pausing for a moment to look at her vanity drawer where she kept her Miraculous. She opened the drawer and contemplated taking the case the Miraculous is in. Then, she placed the case in her purse with certainty. She knew exactly what to do with it.

***

Nathalie waited for Adrien in the dining room.

"Hmm, what's he doing?" Nathalie asked, the clock chimed once; she looked for Adrien in his room but he wasn't there. "Adrien?" She called out. But there was no answer. She had to tell Gabriel and he was not going to be happy.

Gabriel stood near the staircase and entrance of the home, Nathalie and Adrien's bodyguard stood side by side; Gabriel was not pleased. "You didn't see him leave? If anything has happened to my son, you'll be held responsible!" He yelled.

***

While his father was yelling at his bodyguard and Nathalie, Adrien was running to school. He wanted a normal childhood, to have a normal childhood, he needed to go to school where there were other teens his age.

"I can't believe I'm actually doing this." Adrien said on the phone, he was talking to Isabella.

"I'm proud of you Adri, you're taking control of your life. Don't worry, once I get there, I'll make sure that you have a somewhat normal childhood." She promised.

"You're such a strange kid. Who would want to be at school when he can stay at home all day?" Plagg asked from inside of Adrien's jacket.

"You don't get it, Plagg. I've had enough of being shut up at home by my dad. I want to meet people and make friends! Go to a normal school like everyone else!" Adrien said.

Plagg sighed. "Uhhh, I think I'm feeling weak..."

"You know what's strange?" Adrien asked, he stopped running; unhooked his bag and grabbed a wedge of Camembert. "The fact that all you eat is this disgusting, rotten-smelling Camembert cheese, and then I have to smell like it 24/7. That's strange." He said, disgusted.