might as well be drunk in love

|| all that you ever wanted from me was
nothing ||

STEVE, HOLD THIS AGAINST HER SIDE." nancy told the brunette boy, handing him a wet rag. gwen had not yet woken up but nancy had taken charge in the attempt of healing her wounds.

"what?" steve asked, looking down at the girl still out cold in his lap, "she's not awake, it might hurt her."

"if you don't she will still be hurt steve." nancy told him, the boy nodding, and pressing the wet rag to her injuries softly, the feeling of the cold wetness of the rag made gwen wake up, her eyes blinking softly, and pain rushing through her whole body, the first thing he saw was steve's face above her.

"steve.." she said quietly, she couldn't hear herself, she couldn't hear anything for that matter. she wasn't sure if she was even saying anything, if she was even awake. what if she was dead? what if this was just a dream?

"gwen, hi." he said, his voice soft, the girl shut her eyes again, the feeling of the rag hurt. she tried to pull away from it, away from steve, "hey, hey, stay still. this is gonna help you." she knew he was saying something but he didn't know what it was, she could only hear an echo in her ears, an echo of bobs scream as the demodog killed him.

"no." she started muttering quietly, over and over again. she was so overwhelmed, she couldn't breath. her chest was tight, and her head was pounding, and her wounds were aching, "no, no no."

"hey, hey, calm down." she finally heard him, she heard steve's callm, soft voice as well as felt his hand running through her hair, "you're okay. you're okay."

"steve." she groaned, the pain was too much, she buried her face in steve's leg, trying to force herself not to cry. she wasn't gonna cry in front of him. not again.

"hey, what's wrong?" he asked, removing the rag from her side, and seeing all the blood soaked into it, "are you okay? where else does it hurt?"

"everywhere." she told him, her voice broke, and she looked at him again, still trying to straighten her breath, "it hurts everywhere."

gwen tried to sit up, pushing her hands back against steve's legs and he helped her, "there you go." he moved the hair im her face to behind her ears, and whispered quietly to her, "you still look as beautiful as ever right now."

"shut up freak." she smiled a little, "but, thank you steve."
"of course byers."

"it really hurts." she said, as he placed the rag on the other side of her stomach, "can you not press so hard?"

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry." he apologized, softening his hold on the rag, "is that any better?"
"yes, thank you."
"you're welcome, i wouldn't wanna put you in any more pain than you're already in."
"where's my mom?"
"with your brother in the other room, he's not awake either."
"oh, is that where everyone is?"
"yeah.. joey was in here, but she's in the bathroom. it's just us."
"oh."
"are you alright?"
"yeah, i'm fine.. it's just, maybe jonathan was right about what he said."

"what'd he say?" steve asked, letting the girl lean her head on his shoulder
"basically nobody actually likes me very much. i mean, wills always been more important to my mom than i've ever been. both him and jonathan."

"hey, you're so much more than you let yourself think you are gwen." steve told her, holding the side of her face with the hand not holding the rag to make her look at him, "i mean, you care, so much about everyone. and you're funny, and you're so sweet gwen. you're also super smart, i mean, hopper said you helped save everyone's lives today. youre part of the reason everyone here is still alive."