but im in so deep , you know im such a fool for you

|| to you i can admit ,
that i'm just too soft for all of it. ||

GWEN STOOD AT THE HARRINGTONS FRONT DOOR. it was late. she'd been there for fifteen minutes. "come on gwen, just knock on the door." she whispered to herself, she was the one who dropped steve off at his house, and she had stayed there, at his front door, she hadn't left, "god, what am i gonna say."

finally, she knocked on the door. she heard the lock click, and she saw steve as the door opened, grey sweatpants hanging lose on him, and no shirt on, "hi." was all she could say
"hello?"
"hi."

"what's up?" he asked, "do you wanna... come in?"

"mhm." she said, she had been thinking since they succeeded in closing the gate and getting back to her house safely, what she was gonna say to him. but all she could get out were one syllable words. steve stepped into the house, gwen followed after him

"so what's up gwen?" he asked, gwen looked at his face and noticed how bad his wounds on his face were

"do you need help cleaning up your face?" she asked, his face twisted into confusion, "i can clean it up for you. cause it could get infected, and it would mess up that cute little face of yours."

"i can clean my own wounds gwen, aren't you tired?" he asked, chuckling at her, "thanks for saying i have a cute face."

"you're not very good at it." she said honestly, "i'd be much better."

"fine, come here." he led her upstairs to the bathroom, switching the light on and leaning against the counter top, "well, go ahead. clean me up i guess."

"sit on the toilet, it'll be easier for me to get to you." she told him, watching as he did what she said, "okay, perfect." she went into the bathroom cabinet to look for something she could use, finding a stack of towels, "wait shit, oh my god."
"what's wrong?"
"this one is covered in blood, oh my god. what the hell?"
"holy shit, i wonder why. it wasn't me."

"i don't know, that's so like, i don't even know." she said as she put the blood covered one back into the closet, and grabbed a clean one from the pile, "okay, here. this might hurt a little, but you had to do this for me earlier so it's kinda like my pay back."

she wet the rag with warm water and held it to his eye, the boy winced in pain, "that does not hurt." he said, making gwen laugh a little, "not at all."
"alright steve."

gwen sat on his knee so she could get the perfect reach to his face, "sorry, i hope this is alright, i just need to be able to get to you."
"no, yeah it's fine don't worry."
"where does it hurt the most?"
"you're already getting where it hurts the most."
"that's good."

they stayed there in silence as gwen cleaned up his face, she looked at his face and saw him staring at her, a longing glance, "steve.." she said quietly, her voice no more than a whisper
"gwen."

"what's on your mind?" she asked, standing up, putting the wet rag on the bathroom counter, standing between steve's legs as he looked up at her with a confused look, "don't give me that look. you're staring. what are you thinking about?"

"why do you hate me?" he asked, catching her off guard

"oh" she thought for a second, "i think the real answer is embarrassing."
"tell me, i wanna know."

"i hate you cause no matter how hard i try i could never truly hate you." she said, a grin forming on steve's face, and her face flushing red in embarrassment
"tell me more."
"seriously?"
"please?"

"fine." she sighed, smiling at him, steve taking notice to the dimples on her cheeks as she smiled, "i mean, obviously you are the single most annoying person i've ever met in my entire life, but you're also kind of the funniest, and most attractive person i've ever met in my entire life, which has always stopped me from actually hating you. maybe it was cause you used to chase me around in elementary school and throw thing at me, or maybe.." she stopped herself, "never mind."

"no, tell me." he said, "please. i wanna know."
"i think i've always hated you cause of you were the one i wanted, but couldn't have."

she looked away embarrassed, not wanting to look back at him after admitting that to him, steve gently pulled her down to sit in his lap, cupping the side of her face with one hand while the other one rested on her waist, "if that's the reason then what if you don't have to hate me for it anymore?"
"what do you mean by that?"

steve went quiet for a second, before asking, "do you remember when i tried to kiss you?"
"yes, in first grade. on valentine's day, you gave me a teddy bear and a piece of chocolate, and leaned in to kiss me."
"and you pushed me away and told everyone about it, and everyone told everyone else, and everyone made fun of me until 4th grade."
"yeah i remember that."
"but i didn't care that you avoided me at all costs, cause i knew you kept the teddy bear."
"yeah, i still have it, it sits on the end of my bed."
"i know, i saw it earlier today when i went in to wake you up."

"oh." she hummed quietly, "why are you bringing this up? this was so long ago."

"because you kept it, for so long as you just said. at the end of your bed." he said, staring into her eyes, "the gift i gave you in first grade."

"i thought it was cute." she told him, "also i liked you in first grade but you scared me, and that's why i pushed you away."

"what if i told you.." he trailed off, his voice low looking back and forth between her eyes and her lips, "that all i wanna do is kiss you right now." gwen's involuntarily leaned in closer to him, her hands on either side of his neck as their noses brushed again each other

"i'd tell you that's all i wanna do too." she whispered, her eyes were, like steve's, looking from his eyes, to his lips, his eyes, to his lips

"can i.." he trailed off, looking as if he was almost too scared to do anything

"jesus christ, steve." gwen breathed out as she connected the space between them, all she could taste when she kissed him was the blood on his busted up lip, and pulled away slightly, taking in a deep breath as her forehead pressed against his, "your mouth tastes like blood."

"well, that's cause there's blood on my mouth." he replied, kissing her again, the girls hands finding their way into his hair as his were pressed to her waist, pulling her as close to him as humanly possible. she took her lips off his but only for a moment before steve reconnected them, thr girl smiling widely into the kiss. they moved together almost perfectly, connecting and disconnecting in almost perfect unison. steve pulled away for a second, "and now it's on yours too."

"that's disgusting steve." she laughed at him, a huge smile on her face

he pressed a few kisses here and there to her lips, "sorry." he mumbled against her lips
"it's okay."

the bathroom door opened, and in walked max, who shut the door quickly almost immediately after walking in. steve and gwen pulling away from each other and laughing at what had just happened, steve was the first to say something, "you're just so beautiful."

"you really have to stop saying that to me so much today steve." she said, but she was unable to hide the smile that his words brought to her face, "i'm glad it's finally me that you really want."

"it's always been you gwen." he whispered, his hand getting tangled in his long brown hair, "ever since the day you introduced yourself to me in kindergarten, it's been you."
"oh."
"and it'll always be you."

"i can't believe your sisters girlfriend walked in on us making out on your toilet." she said in reply
"you're not very good at serious conversations are you?"
"so i've been told."
"i also can't believe that happened."
"i should probably go home now."

"you probably should, it's late." he replied, the two sitting in silence for a second, "or you could stay here."
"stay here?"
"you should stay here. it's late, dark outside."
"my mom will be worried."
"you can call her."
"where will i sleep?"
"with me."
"what?"

steve suddenly noticed what it looked like he was saying, "oh my god, not like that." he told her, "i meant like next to me, in my bed, you know?"
"i know."
"okay, do you wanna stay?"
"yes."
"okay."

so basically!

confessions yay!