Chapter 1

Going into my third year was quite honestly the most exciting thing that has happened to me at Harvard. Now that I've finished the prerequisites that I need I can finally begin classes for my actual career, the really fun ones. Although it would be more fun if the career field I was in was the one of my choosing. Of course, this was not the case. My parents chose a career that they thought would suit me best and make the family look phenomenal. I would have loved to go into a career in journaling but instead I got stuck going into a program for doctors; never really understood why parents always choose for their kids to be doctors but I don't have the room to complain about that right now.

So far in college, I've made one friend with the approval of my parents. She's rude and she's super stuck up which is why my parents loved her. Whenever I offer her to hang out and study at a cafe she always tells me that she would rather jab her eyes out than be caught dead at such a cheap shop. I don't understand why that is always her go to but it honestly gets on my nerves. Or, whenever I ask her advice about outfits she always insists that I change because she also doesn't want to be caught dead with someone who looks like they walked out of a middle-class neighborhood.

I've also picked up quite a few hobbies without my parent's knowledge. I fell in love with video games, especially first-person shooter games. I have no idea what it is about them but they are so refreshing when I need something to take away my anger; something about going insane on a bunch of random people on the internet is so thrilling. My parents luckily haven't caught on that I purchased it because instead of using the credit card I just pulled cash and paid for everything that way.

Honestly speaking college hasn't been too much of a suffocating experience. While I would rather be doing my own thing and traveling the world, I am stuck in this career field for the rest of my life but at least it pays well so I suppose there is a slight benefit here. At least it is also a well-respected career so I don't have to worry about others looking down on me too much. The only people I will ever have to worry about are my parents and how well they think I'm doing. I don't know what it is but they expect me to be a top doctor the second I step out of school.

I was looking down at my phone when all of the sudden I bump into someone. "Oh my God, I am so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going and I didn't think anyone was there." I said in a panic, but when I looked up after I said that standing in front of me was my "friend" Cara.

"Rhea, I'm so sick of you not paying attention when walking. How many times do I have to repeat myself before you get it through that massive head of yours? If you are friends with me then you must listen to everything I say or else maybe I'll tell a little white lie to your parents. Something along the lines of you drinking or maybe even cutting classes." She says, crossing her arms and huffing at me.

This bitch did not just threaten me, did she? If I knew she was bluffing I would throat punch her, but she has on one occasion told my parents a fake story and after that day I knew never to mess with her again. "You're right Cora, I apologize for my behavior. How can I make it up to you?" I say slight sarcasm in my voice.

"Well, for starters you can head back to our dorm and change out of that ridiculous outfit you have on. Secondly, for the rest of today, you are to carry my bags to every single class we have." She says, handing me her bag before I even agree.

We stop back by our dorm quickly and I change into the outfit that she handed me. It's a black Chanel top, black Chanel dress pants, and some black Chanel heels; she's going with a Chanel thing today because that's what's trending right now.

We got to our lecture hall and I'm so glad I didn't fall on the way here. I don't know what she packs in her bags but it honestly felt like she packed it with a ton of bricks and then maybe her school items. She yanks the bag out of my hands and goes to sit by the rest of her friends in the middle row on the right side. For me, I sit in the very back because I hate to think of what people think of the back of my head. Also the faster I can leave the classroom the better, especially on a day like today when Cora is having me be her personal slave.