Chapter 6: Finding out the Truth

It's been a day since Rhianne had said she would tell the school board about me and how I ran out of ideas.

Spoiler alert: she didn't

I can not say I wasn't surprised as it's something she wouldn't normally do. She probably realized that it would be better if I had a few days left, I guess?

You can never be too sure, though, because Rhianne isn't known for being the nicest. Sure, she can be nice sometimes but not toward me and my friends..

Especially Nora...

I was hanging out at Lindsey's favorite park, making a sketch where I normally hang out when Rhianne gave me a random offer.

"I heard you wanted to go around South Dakota looking for your mom and some ideas..." She said unconvincingly. "I uh.. wanted to help you out because uh... everybody deserves a mother..." she mumbled that last part out, but I still heard her..

I was shocked, to say the least. I knew about her history with her mother, but I didn't think it'd be that bad of a Mother-Daughter relationship.

Especially when my father left me..

Me and Rhianne looked somewhat alike for some reason, so I always would sketch her to see if there were similarities in her with Collette, and there shockingly were..

I kept sketching and replied, "Why though.. you're always mean to me. What's with the change??" She stayed silent at that last part.

"I just.. I found out my father had an affair with my mother yesterday after another one of our fights.." she said. "Found out his last name was Songer...I. Was. Shocked..

We are half-sisters...

Rhianne was my older sister..

"There's no way this is real." I said, my voice breaking. "T-this has to be a dream, right?" Sadness, confusion, and fear laced through my voice, and I broke down in tears.

Then she did another thing that shocked me.. she hugged me...

I never would have expected my greatest rival to hug me.. in all the time I have known her, she wouldn't have done that...

Lindsey and Nora walked to the park and saw the exchange, and they were also confused by her hugging me. Nora walked up and asked, "Allie, why is she hugging you?"

"Because she's my sister.." I replied, breaking down again. I was scared that Nora might think I betrayed her, but I was wrong when she hugged me and comforted me.

Nora knew about my father and how bad he was, and Lindsey saw the similarities in me and Rhianne, so they weren't surprised when I said that.

I can't wait to tell my friends my plan...

.-----[]------[]------[]------[]------[]------[]-------.