Chapter 7: Telling Them.

It's been four days since Lillian got back. I would've made a group meeting a couple of days earlier, but I was still getting over the aftershock of Rhianne being Collette and I's half-sister.

I told Lillian and the boys at school the day after I found out, and to say they were shocked is an understatement.

So here I was, setting up for the girls only group meeting anxiously waiting for their arrival.

Ten minutes later, I heard the all, familiar knock that Lindsey would give out during meetings, and I went and answered the door.

"Hey!" Lindsey said enthusiastically. "How are we going to tell them about your plan?" She bluntly asked.

"How'd you know??" I replied with utter shock.

"Oh, Collette told me, she said that you told her you were taking us with her on a road trip to find your mom."

That little pest...

"Oh.. okay.."

There was an awkward silence in the room.

That awkward silence was broken when I heard a knock in the door again.

This time, it was Nora and Lillian. They came together and how thankful I was to have that knock...

About five minutes later of socializing, we got down to business.

"So, Allie. What did you call a meeting for? I mean, it isn't just something we do every week." Lillian said.

She had a point. She knows me so well.

"Well, if you haven't heard already, my mother left without telling me, and I wanna find her." I said, getting onto the point. "I want to go all over the state and look for her."

Nora stared at me with the most excited look on her face ever.

"The problem is.." I continued. "We don't have drivers licenses, nor a camper that can hold six people..."

Then Lillian blurted. "This is about your new half-sister having a driver's license, isn't it?"

...

"Yeah... it is..."

"Well, okay then!"

"She said she could get a camper and drive us if we wanted, because she doesn't want to be around her mother right now.." I said with a hint of sadness at the end.

"I kinda feel bad for her..." Nora said sympathetically.

"Mmhmm." The other two girls agreed.

Then Collette burst through the door and yelled. "ALLIE-GRAY I'M HUNGRY CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE YOUR SNACK?"

I gave her half of my snack.

We were having toast and Nutella, though Lindsey was having toast and raspberry jam because she's allergic to any type of nut.

She happily took a bite of her half of toast and left the room to go play with her cars and dolls.

Soon enough, we had to end the meeting, and the girls left. We had settled on telling the teachers we were going on vacation.

We also decided to leave on Wednesday, October 9th. Five days after Nora's birthday.

We need to get supplies and some warm jackets so we don't die from the cold weather of South Dakota.

Even though it's only autumn...

>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<

504 words.

No a/n