learning to be a chief, and a dragon.

A/N Happy late Easter everyone! Thank you for all the support @Whitelily09 I hope its okay if I tagged you.

~X~

Hiccup's pov

Woke up in a bed of silky black scales, yawning before stretching slowly my bones popping into place. 

"Morning Hiccup". Toothless greeted, poking his head threw his wings. 

"Morning Toothless". I responded. 

He got up unwrapping his wings from around me stretching before looking at me. 

"How'd you sleep Hiccup?" Toothless asked. 

"Better then I have in years if I'm being honest".  I admitted. 

"Honestly I slept amazing as well, What is on the to do list for today?" Toothless asked. 

"Well.. I suppose we should hold a meeting to discuss...well my condition". I answered. 

"Hiccup, its no condition, You are a Magnificent Nightfury". Toothless praised. 

 "Thank youu". I said my snout now tinted red at the declaration. 

"I said I was gonna support you! And part of that is keeping you from down talking yourself".  Toothless reminded me. 

"Well.. I really appreciate it Toothless. Sometimes I need that". I admitted. 

"Of course Hiccup! Would you like me to join you at the meeting?" Toothless offered.

"Would you?" I asked

"I did offer. Let's go. The entire village should be up for lunch in the great hall by now".  Toothless said. 

      We walked past the kitchen and out the front door and up the steps to the great hall Toothless nudged open the door for me and all eyes fell on us as we made our way to the chiefs table where Gobber, Gothi, Spitelout, Mulch, and Bucket were. Before plates of fish were set down for us, mine of course being cooked because of preference.

I sat up straightening my posture and holding my head up high before I spoke. 

ATTENTION, ATTENTION EVERYONE! I shouted trying my best to gain the attention of the many vikings in the room. All heads in the hall turned, although there was still murmurs in the crowd

      "Aright! As I was trying to say, unfortunately Stoick is no longer with us, and I am now acting chief of berk. And I will try my best to lead us into a brighter future. Regardless of my current form". I said reassuringly . 

One of the the drunk male vikings in the crowd, spoke up voicing his disagreement.

"HoW IS A DRaGON S-POSeD TA LEaD US!!". Magnus shouted.

More and More murmurs started out of the crowd, progressively getting louder and more concerns were getting voiced until. 

"SHUT THE HELL UP!! ALL OF YOU!!" Toothless roared. To everyone it just sounded like Toothless regular defensive roar, but with my new form I could understand him perfectly. 

"It looked like Toothless, just did Magnus.  And you will do well to respect my authority in the future, in fact, guards, bring him to his house and make him stay there for the rest of the day" I commanded. 

I watched in small satisfaction that the guards escorted Magnus out of the great hall. 

"Well now that that's handled what's on the agenda for today chief! Gobber shouted proudly. 

      "Well, the dragons from Drago's army are here and they will need a place to stay. Have some men gather some lumber and have the Gronkels dig and expand the dragon stables on the cliff, I want a pen for every dragon". I said. Bucket mulch you help too.