11. Nia

It's the fifth time I have read this single line without even understanding it.

Ever since I have stepped foot here I have been restless.

And it's been ten minutes already, but Niko is nowhere to be seen.

Is that new friend of his more important than me now? I am his old friend... I should have more value!

Also, I did say that we have started dating. Which is very odd of me and also was very sudden I understand but still...

I don't even know why I told him to start dating when I haven't ever thought about it with him before.

Understanding myself has been difficult lately.

Seeing those two together. Worse, thinking that they could have a happily ever after together made me make that decision about us dating so that they could never be together.

I am suddenly feeling this possessiveness for him. To keep him to myself and never share him with anybody else.

I could not be falling in love with him... Right?...

Ugh dammit!

Where even is he?!

I keep getting more angst and keep looking at the door.

The door once opened but to my disappointment it was not Nico.

-----

It has been thirty five minutes and there is no sign of him yet.

And all I could think that Nico did not want anything to do with me anymore...

And why should he? I don't not even like him in that way and still have been misguiding him.

How could I expect him to give me a chance when he knows he is going to get his heart broken.

But why do I feel this shitty. Why does my heart ache at the thought of losing Nico to Brittany?

I don't like him.

Or do I?

No, how could I...

I don't love him right?

Just then the door of the library opens and to my much delight it is Nico.

But Nico sides himself and lets a blonde girl in first.

And it is non other than Brittany Green.

I can't believe we used to be friends once!

Ignoring Brittany I walk upto Nico.

"Where have you been? I have been waiting here for ages!", I said.

"It was a long distance so it took time. Sorry, Nia I should have driven faster.", Nico said making a sad puppy face.

He is sooo cute!!

Seeing his agitated face made me feel guilty.

"No! No! It's no big deal."I reassured him.

"Ahem, earth to you two! There is another person here too you know.", Brittany said rolling her eyes and then smiling softly at... Nico?!

And Nico returned the smile?!

How the hell did I turn into the third wheel?!

"Anyway let's sit down shall we?" Nico suggested as he could feel the daggers the librarian was shooting at us.