15. Niko

"You may now kiss the bride", said the priest standing between the bride and groom.

And they kissed.

A new journey unfolds between the bride and groom as they will face the world together from here on with love and faith between them.

Madam Smith looked extraordinary beautiful tonight.
Maybe because she was surrounded by all the people who loves her.

She had a bright smile on her face as everybody cheered on their marriage.

Mr. Russell was focused solely on Ms. Smith oh wait Mrs. Russell, showing deep affection and love.

Having grown up seeing a pure love between mom and dad just like them had made me believe in fate and soulmates.

It's amusing how someone can fall in love with the most unexpected person just because they were meant to be.

I walked up to Mr and Mrs. Russell to congratulate them with a glass of champagne in hand.

"Thank you darling Niko and also I love this dress sooo much that I almost screamed when I first saw it," she said smiling so brightly that even the sun might fail in front of her.

My list of people whom I truly love isn't much big and Madam Smith okay no wait Madam Russell is in that list. She occupies a lot of space there.

"It is after all from one of the finest", I replied with a little smirk on my face and Madam Smith smacked my back jokingly.

I then excused myself and isolated myself in the small bar which had been arranged and asked for a simple, near whiskey.

Just then Sofie entered with a bouquet in hand and wearing a lilac gown which complemented her body in a way that the boys there stared at her as soon as she entered. It was a gown I had gifted her on her last birthday. And right now I am regretting having gifted her that.

I had already gifted the couple a set of beautiful couple watches whose belts were designed with diamonds.
Madam Smi- Russell has always had a fascination for watches and I heard that Mr. Russel too did share the same fascination.

And the gift was from both me and Sofia.
I obviously did not forget to take her part of the money.

Sofia Volkov, my one and only lovely sister. She is a carbon copy of father, The Alex Volkov. Her face mostly remained neutral except sometimes when she magically sometimes has a burst of emotions. She also looked just like dad. It was as if mom's genes did not fight during gestation.
But nevertheless she is stunningly beautiful. She has always commanded authority and attention towards herself whenever she entered a room and that has always been a problem for me. Keeping her safe from those vicious and lustful men is actually quite the difficult job. And I don't get paid for it.

Even now while congratulating Madam Russell and Mr. Russel she did not bear a smile on her face. As soon as she handed over the bouquet and made a small talk, she headed towards me as she might have had spotted me before as she ignored all the dirty, lusted glances she was getting from the men and all the jealous whispers going around her among the women.

And that's like my sister.

She took a seat by my side and ordered the same as the one in my hand.

"How are you liking it so far Sofie?", I asked her teasingly knowing well how much she hated events like this.

If it had been somebody else than Madam Smi- Russell (oof!) she would not have bothered to come here.

"Oh I love it", she said rolling her eyes as she took her glass and gave it a big sip while I chuckled.

Sofia's dream has been to build up her own cosmetics company from pennies and with her own money. She had even refused father's help. She wanted to create her own name without anyone's help. So she works real hard as the director in 'Blush' with the highest salary. She says that it's giving her more experience and helping her to expertise in the field and also the money to save for her investments when she starts her company.

She is such an independent woman that I love it.

I am a proud brother for sure.

But there is a thing that I think she lacks sense in is in relationships. She says that they are wastes if time and peace.

Jas had tried before to set her up on dates but she nevered showed up on any one of them.

I mean I don't want her to end up with any of the bad guys but she really needs someone close to open herself up. She bottles up her feelings too much within her. She loves her alone space and never wants to talk much with us.

Oh wait did I just forget to add a label?!
She is a workaholic.

"The dress is pretty between", she says breaking the long silence between us.

"Thank you," I replied with a genuine smile.

Just then I saw a girl wearing a blue cocktail gown passing by us. She had the same back and hair like the certain someone I know and by Instinct I grabbed her hand.

She turned around and to my disappointment it was not her. The girl standing before with a surprised face was definitely beautiful but no one could compare to her.

I excused myself and rubbed my face with my palms to soak in my embarrassment from a few seconds ago.

How could I even think that it was Nia.

How very dumb of me. I rolled my eyes at myself.

How would she even be here. She doesn't even know Madam Smith.

How embarrassing.

I looked only to be greeted by a pair of jade green eyes staring at me with curiosity but it didn't show on the face.

"I mistook her for Nia", I said shifting in my stool.

She sighed. And that did not help even a little bit but thank you sister.

"Your condition is getting worse. I don't get this obsession of yours with her", she says taking a sip from her glass.

"Obviously you don't. You have never been in love before, Sofie", I say as I gulp down the remaining drink in the glass.

"It's like they are the only ones who matter in your life. The only one you can think about, all.the.time. That it sometimes gets frustrating but you still don't want to get over your love and continue it even if they don't love you back. That's the thing about crushes", I said sighing as I faced her.

"For someone who believes in soulmates, do you think you can live forever? Like this? Only loving her from afar? Seeing her be happy with someone else and you can't even do anything about it. You know brother, you are one of the reasons I think all these soulmates thingy are bullshit. I honestly pity you ," she says before gulping down the whole content in her glass in one go.

This is the most she has spoken in a while.

And it should have been a wake up call for me but I just don't ever learn.

I might be wrong about knowing that she took loves me back but what's the point in backing down now when I have already gone so deep down.
I don't care how long it takes but I am going to make Nia mine. I have waited too damn long. Not anymore.

 Not anymore