Morning's light

He stopped in the doorway. He was suppose to stay here? This was like a mansion compared to anything else he had lived. The bed was huge! Who needed that much room to sleep? Eren grinned. It was also a bit less stark than the rest of the place.

The walls were a soft grey, the bed spread was black with grey pillow case and sheets. There was a desk next to a big window. Eren walked to the closet. It was the size of the room he stayed in at the club! He set the guitars inside. Turning, he checked the dresser near the window. What clothes he had would fit in two drawers. There were three small ones and three large ones in the whole dresser. He couldn't even think of owning that much clothing.

Running a hand through his hair, he looked out the window. The guys that had been smoking were hanging out next door. One looked up to see Eren watching. He nodded. Eren ducked away from the window.

"Don't mind them, they are useful as watchdogs only. They won't bite the hand that feeds them." Levi spoke from the door.

"They know better." He muttered.

As if he didn't mean to say this out loud, he shook himself. Looking back, he eyed Eren. A soft pink tinge colored his face.

"Um, I, uh, um, re, reports, f, f, finish. You, um sh, should sl, s, s, sleep." He waved before turning his back to the room.

"Wait, Levi?" Eren called out.

The short man paused, his shoulders held tight. It was almost as if he were waiting to be struck. Eren moved across the floor.

"Thanks for letting me stay here. As soon as my room at the club is ok to live in again, I will go back there, don't worry." It wasn't what he wanted to say.

Eren had wanted to blast Levi with all the questions running through his head, but he just couldn't. Levi had looked so small, so alone, when Eren called out to him. Now, he didn't turn or say anything. Eren closed the door. He heard Levi mutter a soft 'brat' before he walked away.

Eren took of his clothes, they smelled like smoke. He smelled like smoke. He wondered if he could shower in the middle of the night. He inched to the door. Walking out, he didn't see Levi anywhere. He slipped to the bathroom. There was a towel and wash cloth setting out. Did Levi have it for Eren or himself? The phone in Eren's hand dinged, he looked at it.

"I figured you would want to shower before going to bed."

"Thanks." He set back before washing the nightly disaster off of himself.

The bed was warm, soft, like a cloud. Eren sank into it. His eyes closing his head touched the pillow. The next thing he knew, sunlight was streaming in through the open curtains. He rolled over. His mind muddled he wasn't sure where he was, at first. As the events of the night rolled over him, he sat.

"I'm at Levi's house!" he texted Armin. Then sent a longer text about what happened.

"Oh man!" with several laughing while crying emojis followed.

"Ass!" Eren shot back.

"Working!" came a quick reply which meant there was a customer in the store. Eren got up.

His backpack, he left on the floor was now empty on top of the dresser. He knew he hadn't don't that yet. Had Levi snuck into his room while he was sleeping? Moving to the dresser he pulled out drawers. As he found his clothes, he began to dress. That was when he noticed they didn't smell like smoke. Levi had washed his clothes! Eren felt creeped out. How had he slept through this?

He walked to the door. Listening, he didn't hear anything of his roommate. He went to use the bathroom, then leaned his ear against the other door. He still didn't hear anything. Maybe Levi went to check on the club, Eren thought.