Safe

Before they could get to the light, the Earth around them shook. Erwin didn't even looked back. He flung Eren forward, Levi still strapped to the kids back. Armin dashed out as Bertolt and Reiner shoved others before them. Connie, Sasha and Isabell ran out. Jean rolled down the hill, a few feet. Marco managed to grab him before he went over the edge.

The others barely got out, before the tunnel collapsed. Eren stood the farthest away. He looked over the group. They were dirty, sore, but alive. He sighed, then, he noticed he didn't see Furlan, or Erwin. He yelled their names. They had been the last two, right inside the tunnel's mouth.

"Stop screaming, give me a hand, this guy is heavy!" Furlan cried.

Connie and Marco fell to their knees on the edge of the cliff. Reiner moved forward, but all he did was dislodge more stones to pelt the two dangling over the side. Connie caught Furlan's free hand. He leaned back. It was enough for Bertolt, who was leaner, but just as strong, to get a grip in him.

Reiner held onto the dark haired guys waist. He drew back, his feet pushing against the dirt. Others rushed forward. Marco, got a hold of Erwin's hand. The blond let got of Furlan's foot, to grab Sasha's free hand. Together, the heaved the blond upwards. Jean helped, once they were able to get to more stable ground. Eren watched all of it. He had seen the other side of the mountain collapse.

"They blew it up! Did they even check it?" He hissed at Armin.

"Doubt it." Armin muttered.

"Hey, are you ok with..." Eren gestured to the group.

Armin glanced at the bloodied face leaning on Eren's shoulder. Eyes closed, Levi looked almost angelic. He shrugged as he touched a wound, still bleeding, on Levi's face. He pressed a cloth to it.

"Where else could we go? Only you and I are left alive who knows here that place it. I never told anyone else." Armin insisted.

"It wasn't my place to tell anyone either." Eren agreed.

"Then, who could clue Kenny in?" Armin smirked.

"Gramps?" Eren felt a chill rush through him when he said that.

Armin hung his head. "Then we are good there." He muttered.

"Armin?" Eren whispered, reaching out for the blond.

Armin simply held out his phone. There was an unopened text on the front. It was from the nurse at the hospital where Armin's grandfather had gone for more testing.

"I'm sorry to inform you, but Mr. Allerton pa..." The rest wasn't up. Both boys were sure they knew what was left unread.

Eren took the phone. He pressed in the code, Armin and him, had never had secrets between them. The phone opened in his hand. Eren read the rest of the text. Armin's grandfather passed away, around the time, Eren woke up. He pressed the call button on the message.

"Hello?" The nurse said. Eren identified himself.

"I'm sorry, I can't give med..."

"No." Eren interrupted. "I don't want any medical information. Can you tell me if Mr. Allerton had any visitors before he passed?" He asked.

"No, I haven't seen his grandson.." The woman began but Eren cut her off once more.

"Not his grandson. A tall lanky man, scar on his face..." Eren began.

"Hold one moment." She was back in twelve minutes.

"He wore a hat, it hide most of his face, but he didn't get into see Mr. Arlert. He waited in his room, but the patient passed before coming back there." The nurse stated.

AOT Strutterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें