Prolouge

Melanie

She is reserved. A 20 year-old girl in the third year of her college who is of an open personality from outside but this is far from the truth as she has held a million things inside her head not sharing a word of it with anyone.

Coming to her parents & family, well, if you ask her about it you will not get any definite answer. No, no... not, because she doesn't want to share that can be sure a reason but in this case she actually can't, because she too doesn't know about them.

She used to live with her brother Daniel and his parents, not her real brother though. Her brother has taken care of her from as long as she can remember and has found her from somewhere, lost when she was an infant. He is also not much older himself. He is a 25-year-old young man with quite a nice job and a lovely wife. His wife Olivia also loves Melanie as much as her brother and they get along well.

While his parents, they were quite a lot to handle. As much sweet as her brother is, his parents are the same amount of poison, if not more. They never accepted her, that's also a reason we are referring to them as his parents and not hers. Yes, they have not adopted her. She just lives with them because of her brother's struggles to keep her with them.

Her brother and his parents' friends Mr. and Mrs. Allens found her on a road in a basket with a note "Whoever kind person is reading this, please take care of her. We can't take her with us as she will be in danger with us. We'll be highly obliged for your act of kindness. Her name is Melanie. - Her parents"

Allens' decided to adopt her while she was just an infant. Her brother himself was just a child when he found her. James Allens and his wife Alice Allens adopted her but they died just after 3 years of adopting her. She was too young at that time to remeber them properly. Daniel has always loved her like his little sister so after the death of her foster parents he, though he was a little boy of just 8 years, fought with his parents to keep her with them.

She currently lives with Mr. and Mrs Williams. Yes, Daniel's parents. You may ask if they hated Melanie why she is living with them and where is her brother. He and Olivia live in Washington D.C. They have moved there not a long time ago, just 6 months back, due to their transfer. Both of them work in the same company and got a transfer. Melanie, in NYC, is having a terrible life which you soon will be aware of.

Enough about her so-called family background, now, talking about her. Well, her full name is Melanie Allens and she is the most beautiful girl you may have ever seen. Her eyes are deep and blue like an ocean. Her face is that of an angel and her body is which every girl may dream of.

She is very kind and caring but never shows her emotions and never opens up to someone. She is hella talented. She is best at whatever she does. She is kind of perfect in everything. Her brain is on another level, but the miseries in her life are just too much above the normal person's level. Boys were always finding a chance to win her but they give up soon as they get to know her and see she never shows any interest. She has got in problems with guys many times due to this, not from her side though, as she never got into a relationship. She has too many secrets and one thing is clear she is broken from inside and has borne many things which are the reason for being this way. Those are the secrets she had never told anybody.

 Those are the secrets she had never told anybody

(This is how Melanie looks and I picture her. You are free to use your own imagination)

Evan Miller

The college's hottest badboy, extremely rich, intimidating, influential, popul...Oh! Wait, Paparazzi are always around him, that must be known already. One thing is clear, no one comes in his way. With the looks of a Greek god, girls are all over him and he just plays around, girls know this and they don't mind if they get a chance to be around him.

He may look like a god but in reality he is more of a devil. Not a murderer or into any illegal stuff, but his personality is which everyone must be scared of. He is brutal and hard. Have the emotions of grief or too much excitement ever came on his face??

His family, a big business name, Miller Foundations, known as one of the biggest companies in the country. His mother Lily and father William are not bad though. They are kind people but are too much involved in work to pay attention to their son's deeds. They love their son and daughter but don't have enough time to keep an eye on them. Though, they have the idea of how their son is but they don't care about that too much as he is not involved in any illegal activities.

Their daughter Amelia too is like her parents. She is a sweet and loving girl. She loves her parents and brother and her brother loves her the same. One thing which is important in Evan's life is his family, that is just his parents and sister, no other. He also loves his friends Liam, Theo and Ethan, but never has he shown them and expressed it in any way.

He is used to all people working on his actions and doesn't tolerate anyone running their mouths in front of him.

Him being this ruthless is not just like that, there are more to it. His past, may have broken him from deep within to turn him to this. He is not a bad student and is quite good in everything but he doesn't pay too much attention on anything.

Always surrounded by people and spending money like water is just two common things in his daily routine.

He is sharp and gifted so college is not a big problem. He is in the third year and skips classes just as on his routine. One thing he is serious about is his physique and gymming is his habit. He along with Liam, Theo and Ethan is regular there.

 He along with Liam, Theo and Ethan is regular there

(This is how Ethan will look like. You can imagine him as per your convenience, though😉)

Well this chapter was just a short introduction of our male and female lead. There are alot more to them, will meet you soon with next chapter.

Till then buh-bye.