1: First Day

Melanie's POV

"Hey, Melan! Aren't you even a little bit excited for your new university? C'mon girl, you got admission in one of the biggest colleges of NYC." Kate, my best friend said with excitement clear in her voice.

Kate is my best friend from my previous uni and currently I have transferred to NY Central High, one of the biggest universities in my city.

"No, I'm just going there for my education. It doesn't matter if it is a known or unknown college." I replied.

"Melan, Melanie, Mels, WHAT ARE YOU?? Seriously, it is such a big day, it's your first day there, show some excitement."

"Kate, you know I'm not like that. And now I am hanging up, I am running late, I don't want to be late on the first day and be in the eyes of the professors."

"Ohh, you are excited, I know, just your way of showing it is a bit different" she said in a thrilled voice.

"Okay, okay, take it as you wish, just cut the call for now. I'll call you later" I chuckled.

"Okay, buh-bye and enjoy your day, and also find yourself a nice guy there" She cheered.

I hung up on her after her last irrelevant sentence and packed my bag and came out of my room. My aunt, Delilah was sitting on the couch watching TV. I knew she would never give her blessing to me, but still as a duty, I informed her.

"Auntie, I am going to the university."

"Do whatever, it's not like I care, you are just a burden on our family." She said apathetically.

I gave her a tight smile and after getting myself breakfast from the kitchen, moved towards the university.

......

At the gate itself, when I arrived, I knew that its campus was 10 times bigger than that of my previous one.

I had only seen it online and my admission process was also done through online mode, I had never visited here in person.

Students were all over the place, some still standing outside, some entering. I quickly moved, showed my ID and entered to see a massive campus. It was even bigger than my expectations.

I strolled around there for some time and then as the classes were starting soon, I looked for the Dean's office for some discussion regarding my scholarship. But given the size of the campus, it was impossible for me to find it on time. So, no other option left, I had to ask someone.

Looking for someone to ask, I saw a girl, she looked sweet so I moved towards her to talk to her. But suddenly a voice stopped me "Hey, you", I turned to see a guy walking towards me. He was tall (not too tall), with a very light, not much visible stubble on his face and he wore a simple T-shirt and trousers with a light jacket on top, overall he looked cute and harmless, he came towards me with a smile and I responded with the same. "I saw you searching here for a while and you seem new here, as I have not seen you here before, Do you need any help?"

"Well, hello, but this campus is quite big so there will be many people you have not seen before but they do study here." I said, in not so serious tone.

"Yes, but from your expression I guessed you are new here. And also it is quite impossible to not notice a beauty like you if you were a student here." He said in the same tone.

"Well, you are right. I am new here and I am searching for the Dean's office." I said with a smile.

"If you don't have any problem, I can show you the Dean's office and also give you a tour around here so you won't get lost again."