5: Bully

He returned to them after taking a bath and having a prep talk with himself in the shower. Everyone was glaring at him except Liam, who had softened his gaze and was giving him an 'all the best' look.

Evan sat in his chair and lifted the Reuben sandwich to his mouth, opening it wide to take a big bite when Amelia exclaimed, "You dare to have a bite before speaking."

"But I have not eaten since the morning." Evan replied with puppy eyes and a slight pout, which was not his usual persona; this side is reserved for his sister.

Amelia's face softened, and a crease appeared between her brows. "Okay, eat fast and then explain me why you didn't eat anything since morning. Now you have one more thing to clear."

Evan gulped in realization, but the previous thing he had to explain would bring her an answer to this too.

After the meals, Evan finally had to explain, and he began with where he left college. "Okay, so something happened in the college and I had a lot to handle..."

"Wait, wait I don't want the word 'something', I want proper description, what happened?" Amelia enquired.

"See, Am, I can't tell you everything; you're not like me. Yes, we are bro-sis, but we can't share every detail." Evan attempted to make her understand in a gentle tone.

"You three also attend that college, right? You must be aware of whatever he is saying." Amelia glared at them. "But, anyways, you are right." She exhaled. "So continue, but I hope it wasn't too bad for you." Amelia spoke with a softened expression.

"Who will tell her that nothing bad ever happens to her brother? He only happens to be bad on others." Ethan whispered into Liam's ear.

"Okay, so where was I?-Ya, so, that something along with other things, were giving me a headache. So, I went somewhere to give myself a break. I was just resting there, and I'm not sure when I dozed off. My phone was set to DND, so I didn't receive your calls or messages; I awoke at 8 p.m. and saw them, then I came here right away."

"Woww, we were all dying here, worried about you and you...? You were sleeping peacefully." Theo mocked him.

"Oh, are you dying? I do not see that." Evan smirked.

"Really, is it a thing to give your 'sarcastic' response on? Any kind and warm person who cares for his loved ones would have felt guilty about what I said. But see, you here, joking about it." Theo deformed.

"I'll take this as a compliment because it indicates I'm not an emotional fool." Evan provoked.

Theo simply shook his head at him, cursing him under his breath, "Moron."

While he continued to explain to his sister, "Sissy, please don't be mad I can never forget my commitment for the time to you, it was just my mind was occupied with a lot so it slipped my mind. I'll still apologize, I shouldn't have forgotten this. But I promise, next few days we'll spend a lot of time together. See, you are not getting just a day but whole lot of days. No clubbing just bro-sis fun. Wherever, you'll tell me we'll go there."

"Okay, so I'm a kind, sweet and nice sister so I'll forgive you. But next time, no other chance!" Amelia said pointing her finger at Evan and raised her brows giving a threatening look.

Evan nodded in response.

"Okay bro, so we now know that you didn't do that intentionally. But still, never do this again, okay? We all were too much worried for you" Ethan spoke.

"I'll not dare." Evan answered.

"Let's go home, now. He should rest and we all also need rest. After suffering from 'worried about Evan' period" Liam said.