𝖔𝖓𝖊

"Get your ass up out of the dirt!" I scream at Deku who had just been blown to the ground by Mallet, the villain Aizawa assigned us to defeat. "Why are you so fucking useless?!" I yell, exploding a hammer that had just been hurled my way.

"HA! NOT SO HIGH AND MIGHTY NOW, ARE WE?!" Mallet bellows, large hammers in both hands. He's a short, fat old geezer, with a retreating hairline and a quirk that allows him to create and handle large hammers.

"Shut it, jackass!" I scream at him, taking that moment of distraction to hit him with an explosion-packed punch straight to his ginormous gut. He coughs up blood, doubles over, and collapses. "Piece of bullshit," I say to him, adjusting my grenade hand thingies. Four-eyes told me multiple times what they were called, but I was only half listening. It doesn't make any difference if I know what they're called or not.

I turn around. Deku is still sitting up against the alley wall.

"What the hell happened to you? I thought you had All Might's fucking quirk!" I say, walking over to him and kicking him in the shins. "S-sorry, Kacchan." He stutters, head bleeding.

"You're bleeding," I say, crouching down to his level. I pull out a first aid kit that Aizawa gave me before we left for the mission.

"Shit," I say aloud. The wound is pretty deep and it's starting to swell, black and blue bruises surrounding the enormous gash. A chunk of the wall must have hit him hard in the head. I quickly try to dab at it with cotton swab, but it's not working. The stream of blood pouring from his head is never ending.

"K... kacchan..." Deku says, not stuttering but instead his voice is weakening. "I'm... I think... I'm dying." No. No, no, no, he can't be dying. That piece of shit couldn't have killed Deku. He wasn't even that strong.

"Kacchan... I... have something... to t-tell... you..." Deku whispers, tears welling up in his eyes, and mine, too.

I know what I want him to say.

I know he won't say it though.

You don't tell your ex-best-friend who bullied you for years and was rude to you for the entire time you've known him that you love him. I've accepted that.

But still, that stupid, wishful part of me still has hope that he'll tell me he loves me too. That he'll let me sweep him up and kiss him until we both can't breathe. That he'll spend the night with me and shower me with compliments and touches. That he'll love me with everything he has.

But I missed my chance.

I let this cute, sweet, amazing guy who I've loved for forever go because I decided to be a big bad dickhead.

"Uhm, yeah, Deku?" I say, my fucking heart beating fast even though there's no way he'll say...

"I love you."

My whole world stops. Miraculously, his head has stopped bleeding and is back to normal. He looks up at me with his dark emerald eyes, waiting for a response. "I..." I whisper, moving in closer. "Love you too."

Our lips touch, and we're kissing, finally. He slips his tongue in, and I let him, moving my right hand onto his thigh and my left into his hair. It's soft and fluffy, calming my nervousness.

I read somewhere that kissing is supposed to be electric, like fireworks on the Fourth of July. But this is so, so much better. It's like the whole galaxy could collapse but I'd still be here, kissing him, feeling his skin and hair and tasting his tongue.

He lets out soft little moans as I move down his neck, leaving red spots that will probably turn into hickies. But that's a tomorrow problem. I want to stay here, in this beautiful moment, forever.