being Devon's Fantasy

"Devon, I don't want to be with you."

"Haleigh! You do realize you're pregnant. With my twin babies growing inside of you. Do you not?!"

"Devon it was a mistake. I'll raise them with Dane. They're sorta his..."

"WHAT?! WHO IS DANE?! HOW ARE THE TWINS HIS?!"

"Dane and I already got pregnant last week with these twins...he knows and we're getting married once they're born. Devon, we've been engaged for a while. Then you came and thought I loved you. You're only a friend to me. Kind of a brother."

§Phone convo§
(A few hours later)

Dane, I can't do this. Devon's pretty much stalking me. He's positive our boys are his. You need to come stay here with me for a while or I come stay with you. I'm scared he's gonna hurt me or the twins

Haleigh listen to me. He'll just stay and think the twins are his and you're his wife if you're scared of him. I won't let him. He won't hurt you. If he does, call me. I'll literally beat him within an inch of his life. He won't hurt my girl or our babies.

I know but I think he killed Vanessa. The witnesses saw a man run from the scene. Can I move in with you or we buy a place together? I'm okay with moving from Savannah to Symyrna. Maybe we could go to Tennessee or Wisconsin.

Haleigh I'll come over now okay?

O okay... just be careful

Pack your things up. Lock your door so Devon can't get in. Your mom will let me in. I'll get to your room, beat Devon, then take you to my family's house.

Okay, *sigh*

Dane's P.O.V.

I can't believe it.

Devon Kleins is after my Haleigh.
Just because he's murdered her sister while Vanessa was taking her kid to the doctor. I know because he said he would do it.

If he tries to fight me or hurts Haleigh or our twins, even if they aren't born yet, God help him. Thirty eight weeks, he could still hurt them. Kick her. Trip her on stairs. Abortion pills. He could be making her have a miscarriage. There could be fresh cuts on her.

I need to stop thinking and drive...

Haleigh's P.O.V.

I've been struggling to pack my stuff. It's hard when there is banging on your door, being yelled at, and waiting for Dane to come take me.

One hour, two, knock on the door.

Dane's angered voice at my door, punches thrown at Devon, not a single one at Dane.

Next my door opens. I expect to see Devon coming in to slap and kick me, like he has since he found out about Dane.

"Oh my God, Haleigh. I feel sorry for you the twins and Vanessa."

"We still haven't told my mom. Your parents were thrilled about the twins. My mom would start world war three."

"Haleigh, I'm sure if we told her she'd be shocked but not like that. You ready to go?"

"Yeah, I can't stand any more kicks and slaps. Your twin sister and little brother are like my family...just without missing pieces." I say, my eyes starting to water.

"What?! He's been hurting you and the twins?!"

"Dane, that's why I called you. I needed you, and the twins will need you. I knew your family would accept me. I love you. The twins will, too."

Dane's P.O.V.

"Symyrna. Home for a while."

I helped Haleigh get her things inside, but moms always to out to see you.

"DEVON! HALEIGH! WELCOME HOME!"

"Hey, mom. Be careful around Haleigh, she has twin baby syndrome!"

"Oh! I forgot the dear was pregnant. Look at me! Thirty two and a nana!"

"Yeah, sorta came as a shocker. Just a year and we'll share the title Mrs. Gunn." Haleigh chuckled. She's adorable. Adorable because I'm not aloud to call her cute.

Three years ago

Haleigh screams*

"Dane, you can't tickle me!"

"Ooh, I can and I will!"

Dane tackles Haleigh, making her scream and laugh, while he tickles her.

A few hours later in Dane's room.

"Baby your cute."

"NO I'm NOT! I'm ADORABLE!"

Three months later present time

Haleigh's P.O.V

"Dane! Come here!"
I shouted from his room.

"Yeah?"

I grab his hand and place it on my stomach.

"Dawson and Dayton kicked!"

I don't think he's ever smiled wider.

"Haleigh, I can't wait till they're born. Six months, right?"

"Yeah. No Devon trouble, living with you..."

"What about Emma and Ella?"

Oops. Forgo my twin besties...

"Can you pick them up? I'll stay with your brother and sister. Their names are Hailey and Jack, right?"

"Yup. I'll be back, don't leave. Can't risk a Devon encounter alone."

"Ok, alazu bae."
I give my best pouty face, Dane's weakness.

"Fine, you get a kiss."

"What about Dayton and Dawson? They need two kisses."
I point at my belly.

"Two for the babies and two for Haleigh."
Dane says laughing.

"Wha..."

But he shuts me up with a kiss on my little baby nose. He remembered... so I kiss his jaw line. Don't worry, I remembered, too.