Chapter Twelve: Caregiver

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elena's Perspective:

"Elijah?" - I mumbled, is this real or am I hallucinating? I am not quite sure what to think at this moment... I rubbed my eyes to try to focus my vision, it was blurry but there he was, he was 

standing there. "Elena" - He exhaled, I heard a worry in his voice, he kneeled down.

He put his hand on my forehead, it reminded me of my mom. Whenever I was sick, she used to put her hand on my forehead to check my temperature. "What are you doing here?" - I asked him. This is all too confusing, where Is Stefan? Did he do something to him? "You shouldn't be here; someone can see you" - I told him but still he Is an original. He can do whatever he wants with his mind compulsion. "Don't worry about me. Tell me Elena, what happened? Did someone tried to hurt you?" - He asked, he sounds caring.

I am glad that he cares about me and that his feelings are real. "No, I was just in a big argument with Jenna, and I fainted. That Is all that I can remember. That was too much for me." - He gave me that pitiful look. I don't want anyone to see me as a helpless wretch, I can handle this. "Don't worry about me, I'll be alright. I promise." - And we just gazed at each other.

"My apologies, It Is my fault that you're in this situation with your family." - He said, he blamed himself. It Is not his fault. He did everything to make me feel better and the most important thing is that he protected me from Klaus. We accidentally fell in love but that Is the best accident of my life.

We just started dating and I can tell that this love will be epic and true.

"Don't blame yourself... It Is not your fault." - I said, "You have a gift, Elena" - What Is he talking about? What gift? But he continued "You are the most beautiful creature on earth, your compassion Is a gift, Elena." - He kissed me on the lips. His lips were warm and comfortable, I wanted for that moment to last forever.

"I love you" - I said to him, his gaze was priceless I could tell that he is indeed happy deep down.

"I love you too" - He said, I felt butterflies in my stomach as he kissed my hand. I can tell that he indeed loves me too. I almost forgot about Stefan and what happened to him, I need to break this moment of happiness. I couldn't even imagine how Stefan felt. This must be really painful for him, and this must be one of the most difficult points of his life.

"Where Is Stefan?" - I asked him, I could see that I broke his happiness, I am sorry Elijah, but I need to know. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Elijah's Perspective:

'Where is Stefan?' - She asked and it hurt like hell. Why would she break this moment to ask for him? "I dealt with him, he's home." - I simply said wondering what she will say next.

"What have you done to him?" - She asked, scared. Did she really think that low of me? Something changed since she had an accident, something I needed to know.

"Tell me, what happened?" - I demanded, ignoring her question. "Answer me Elijah" - Is he really going to get in an argument with me because of him? "I compelled him, you shouldn't be worrying about him" - I couldn't even say his name, it annoyed me. I was jealous for the first time in my life, I want her only for myself.

"Nothing happened" - She lied; I saw that in her eyes. I've been here for centuries and if there is one thing that I am sure of that must be that eyes never lie.

"Elena, you need to tell me, I know you're lying. Why would you do that?" - I demanded, once again. "Jenna said that while I was gone that people were in our house, searching for me. I think they're vampires." - My dear Elena said, 'Klaus' that name rang through my head.

It must be his fault; I will deal with him later. Suddenly I heard someone grabbing the doorknob, it must be Jenna. "I'll deal with that don't worry" - I answered as quickly as possible and disappeared, I don't want to make Elena more problems. Especially not with her family. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------