𝐈

TRIGGER WARNINGS FOR THIS FAN FICTION :
stalking, depression and overall hopelessness, codependent relationship/s, bullying, social anxiety, low self esteem

✦✧✦

Splish. Splish. Splish.

The gentle rythmic patter of the rain was quite soothing to you in this moment. The sound of your footsteps resonated as they made contact with the ground, creating a subtle splashing noise.

You were thankful for the rain, as the rain droplets on your cheeks merged together with the tears sliding down your face. Light sniffles were escaping your nose. You were mad. Enraged.

Today was simply not your day, you thought. But, that's what you think everyday, is it not? You're used to it by now. Every day goes wrong, and even if it doesn't, you still feel like utter dogshit.

Today wasn't any better, what made you think it would be? Not only had you somehow managed to get a bad grade in chemistry. The subject you excel in, but you hadn't managed to get a job today either. Yet, the chemistry thing wasn't even your fault! You were fuming.

It's not your fault you were sick and absent for so long, after all. Plus, the teacher didn't even include the actual topic you 'studied' for. Not that you do that, anyway. You know these things. You're known as the one who always aces chemistry, after all.
So how could you possibly have failed? Well, it's simple, really. The teacher only included the small fun facts she mentions in class to see if we were paying attention.

You muttered curses under your breath. "How the hell was I supposed to know anyway? I was absent, fuckhead." Biting the inside of your cheek out of frustration, you sighed.

The wind was beginning to become more erratic, and the rain seemed to be picking up.
You just can't catch a break, you thought to yourself.
Since you weren't planning on being drenched by the rain even more, you frantically searched for a dry, warm shelter. Then, just as you were about to give up, due to probably looking like a lunatic desperately searching the streets, you spotted a pizza place, which seemed like a perfect shelter. Come to think of it, you had barely eaten anything today.
Your appetite, rising, you looked up at the pizzaria, swiftly approaching it.
The sign read "Lou, Mike Tony, Tony's Pizza"

You raised an eyebrow in response to that, not really knowing what to think. "What a.. peculiar name." You said with a hushed tone, before grabbing the door handle and entering the pizzaria.

The interior seemed rather cozy, they even went as far as having, what it seems, a band setup. It was empty, though. No doubt due to the time and weather. The restaurant was relatively empty other than a few people dining and the old man at the counter. Walking up to the counter, I went ahead and ordered my pizza of choice, and sat down at an empty booth.

Not necessarily having anything to do whilst waiting, I rested my head on my palm, shut my eyelids and began listening to the, rather rapid sounds of rain drops hitting the glass.
Now, since closing your eyes helps refine your stimuli, it's pretty obvious that you'll have less trouble noticing stifled sounds.

Your eyebrows furrowed upon hearing strange clashing sounds emanating from behind the building, or at least that's how it appeared to you. You could be schizophrenic and totally unaware to it.
Then suddenly, your line of thought got interrupted as you heard it again.
Yeah, no, you're convinced you aren't imaging that.

As you were on the verge of listening further, the restaurant employee promptly served a plate of your pizza right in front of you.
Your nostrils immediately got infiltrated by the sweet, sweet sme of pizza. Mmh, yeah. This is just what you needed. Some peace and qui-.