𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐈𝐓

❝     AND I'M SPLITTING THE ROAD     ❞

➵     I  N  T  R  O  D  U  C  I  N  G

DETECTIVE ASRA NOVAK IS THE youngest face in the Detroit Police Department, a detective at only twenty-one years old. Having first stepped into the police department at fourteen after escaping the basement of his abusive, much older boyfriend and coming under the care of one Lieutenant Hank Anderson before the tragic death of Hank's biological son Cole, Asra is both admired by his co-workers—most who have known him for seven years and see him as a family member—and shunned by them—the same ones who can't believe a fourteen-year-old drug addict somehow became the youngest detective in the DPD.

ASRA NOVAK IS AN ANDROID sympathizer. Following the death of his adoptive baby brother, he keeps this information to himself, not wanting to upset his guardian—but he frowns at the way Hank snaps at androids; he hates the way Gavin Reed sneers at the androids they're forced to work with; he hates having to step between protesters and innocent androids who are just running errands for their owners—he hates that word too, owners. But he can't voice that hatred in the midst of differing opinions and knows speaking up would land him in hot water with the only father figure he's come to know, so he stays silent, lips pressed tight as Hank Anderson refuses to cooperate with android investigator Connor, sent by CyperLife to address the recent outbreak of deviants. Deviancy is running rampant in androids, and in Asra.

ASRA IS JUST A KID, someone who had to grow up too fast. Asra isn't even his real name—but fourteen-year-old Jacob Rae wasn't going to go by a name that his abusers used to get his attention. He wouldn't let his name be forgotten, tacked on under the title Evan Portman's Victim. Jacob Rae wasn't going to be a face in the crowd—and Asra Novak completed that mission, shining bright and making sure his name was remembered. Whether that means standing up for Connor—who's a little more deviant than anyone gives him credit for—or taking the first step in moving past his trauma, Asra doesn't know. But he's determined to try.

HE'S JUST ASRA. ASRA ISN'T much. Jacob Rae wasn't much either, Asra thinks, but Jacob Rae was able to move forward despite the broken glass in his path. Maybe Asra Novak could remember how to do the same.

❝     DOWN THE MIDDLE     ❞

➵     C  A  S  T  I  N  G

ASRA   ❝ YOUNGEST DETECTIVE ❞   NOVAK

(   LEVI MILLER  /  MAXENCE DANET FAUVEL   )

HANK ANDERSON      CLANCY BROWN

CONNOR   ➢   BRYAN DECHART

GAVIN REED   ➢   CHRISTOPHER TRINDADE

TINA CHEN   ➢   CARLA KIM

CHRIS MILLER   ➢   MICHAEL SMALLWOOD

NINES   ➢   MAXIMILIAN KOGER

❝     FOR A MINUTE THE WORLD     ❞

➵     S  O  U  N  D  T  R  A  C  K

I. THE VIEW BETWEEN VILLAGES, noah kahan.

II. YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN, KID, taylor swift.

III. VAMPIRE, olivia rodrigo.

IV. DOG DAYS ARE OVER, florence & the machine.

V. SEX SELLS, lovejoy.

VI. MIDNIGHT RAIN, taylor swift.

VII. LOVELY, lauren babic.

VIII. TEENAGE DREAM, olivia rodrigo.

IX. CONSEQUENCES, lovejoy.

X. DAYLIGHT, david kushner.

XI. RESCUE, lauren daigle.

XII. FAMILY LINE, conan gray.

XIII. PARANOID, dream.

XIV. THE ARCHER, taylor swift.

XV. CEILINGS, lizzie mcalpine.

XVI. TRAIN WRECK, james arthur.

XVII. MAKING THE BED, olivia rodrigo.

XVIII. THE GREAT WAR, taylor swift.

XIX. TAKE ME TO CHURCH, hozier.

XX. GILDED LILY, cults.

❝     SEEMED SO SIMPLE     ❞

➵     A  U  T  H  O  R  '  S     N  O  T  E

THIS STORY WILL DEAL WITH PTSD, PHYSICAL / SEXUAL ABUSE MENTIONS, DEPRESSION, THOUGHTS OF SUICIDE,MENTION OF SUICIDE / SUICIDE ATTEMPTS, TRAUMA, HATE CRIMES, DISCRIMINATION, AND MATURE SITUATIONS.PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND AS YOU READ AWAKENING, BASED ON DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN. SPOILERS FOR THE GAME.

Please check out the fantastic films Detroit: Evolution and Detroit: Reawakening by Octopunk Media,both of which are Detroit: Become Human fan films!! Most of the cast you see in this book are actuallythe actors in the movie, and those films are where I got this title!! I hope you enjoy it!