𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄. ( awakening )

❝     THE THINGS THAT I LOST HERE     ❞

➵     the  EXTENDED  SUMMARY  of  ACT  ONE

ASRA NOVAK MET HANK ANDERSON when he was fourteen, and life took a hard right after that. Going from a middle school dropout hooked on Red Ice to the youngest detective in the Detroit Police Department history was never on Asra's radar, but spending the next several years of his life in the Anderson household had him wanting to follow in his father's—not that Asra would ever call him that—footsteps. He's sure that if Hank's real son had gotten the chance to grow up past the age of six, he would have done the same—and maybe he would have even been better than Asra.

ASRA NOVAK CHANGED HIS NAME two years into his stay with the Andersons. Hank didn't understand, but he didn't slip up once. Some paperwork had to be processed, but within weeks Asra was officially, well, Asra—sealing away his past life as easily as he breathed. Perhaps that was why the new android, RK800—Connor—stared at Asra with those puppy-dog confused eyes, trying to pinpoint everything about Asra from a simple scan. And when he couldn't, it didn't take long for the questions to begin. Asra Novak was not on any files that Connor could access.

DEVIANTS ARE BEGINNING AN UPRISING. Asra finds himself continuously forgetting that once the deviant androids are brought in, once this case is finished, Connor is going to leave. Back to Cyberlife, where he'll be perfected to the point where he can take over Asra's job. Asra can't even voice how much he doesn't want that to happen—Hank hates androids, despises having to work with Connor, and Asra knows that Connor would simply write off Asra's feelings as human. Deviancy was rising, and Asra is sure it's not just in androids.

THE CASE WON'T BE EASY. Asra has solved more murders than he count on ten fingers, each more difficult than the last. But trying to figure out how to stop the deviants from taking over proves difficult for an android sympathizer like Asra, who finds himself wondering just how much Cyberlife is hiding from them when it comes to deviance. As his relationship with Connor deepens and his past continues to haunt him, Asra learns that he has choices to make—and even one wrong decision could lead to the end of everything that he's come to know.

[   THE GAME   ]

❝     THE PEOPLE I KNEW     ❞

➵     the  CASTING  of  ACT  ONE

MAXENCE DANET FAUVEL as ASRA NOVAK

CLANCY BROWN as HANK ANDERSON

BRYAN DECHART as CONNOR

CHRISTOPHER TRINDADE as GAVIN REED

MICHAEL SMALLWOOD as CHRIS MILLER

CARLA KIM as TINA CHEN

❝     THEY GOT ME SURROUNDED     ❞

➵     the  SOUNDTRACK  of  ACT  ONE

I. DOG DAYS ARE OVER, florence & the machine.

II. LOGICAL, olivia rodrigo.

III. KIND OF LOVE, dream.

IV. DNA, lia marie johnson.

V. THE FRUITS, paris paloma.

VI. THE GRUDGE, olivia rodrigo.

VII. THE ARCHER, taylor swift.

VIII. EYES DON'T LIE, isabel larosa.

IX. TRAIN WRECK, james arthur.

X. DAYLIGHT, david kushner.

XI. FAMILY LINE, conan gray.

XII. CALL ME WHAT YOU LIKE, lovejoy.

XIII. MIDNIGHT RAIN, taylor swift.

XIV. DOOMSDAY, lizzie mcalpine.

XV. LITTLE GIRL GONE, chinchilla.

XVI. RESCUE, lauren daigle.

XVII. MAKING THE BED, olivia rodrigo.

XVIII. SOBER, conan gray.

XIX. DON'T BLAME ME, taylor swift.

XX. GILDED LILY, cults.

❝     DEVIL IN DETROIT   —   ACT ONE     ❞