22. Emily

"Enough!" Nathaniel snarls, hitting the table and pulling my eyes open forcing me out of Malachi's embrace. "Alpha Carter, leave. Alpha Callahan, your people are to escort him out of your territory. Emily, go over the terms and email me the updated versions." The Alpha authority ringing in his voice, pushing at my mind, Malachi touches the com in his ear. His eyes holding mine, the weight of them making me turn away. The golden amber swirling showed me the animal hiding behind the man, the animal that wanted out.

"Team one and team two escort Alpha Carter and his son out of my land. They do anything stupid. You have my permission to kill them. I'm sure the medical team needs to look at the nose, it would be a shame if it didn't heal."

"I will not be leaving without my daughter." My father snarls.
"You can leave of your own free will, or I will personally drag your ass out of my house." Malachi's eyes finally leave mine, watching the team surround the threat.
"Do it. I dare you." My father growls.
"My fucking pleasure," Malachi growls back. My body stops him, standing between him and the man that would have him dead. I could do this for him. Instead, the men calmly walk up to the threat in our home, their eyes watching my father and my brother, who sits relaxed in his chair—knowing how this plays out. One man grabs the back of my father's neck, throwing him against the table. A satisfying crack hits my ears while another pins his arms behind his back. Three stand back, waiting till they are needed.

"Get your fucking hands off of me. I'm an Alpha," my father growls, choking on the blood pouring out of his nose, again, trying to fight their hold.
Malachi scoffs, "If you were an Alpha worthy of that title, that hold wouldn't stop you."

"Boys, take him out." Nathaniel sighs, sitting back down. My father struggles as they attach handcuffs to his wrists,
"Graham!" Malachi calls out as they escort Michael out of the room, with my brother walking calmly on his own. A man with shining green eyes and shaggy brown hair turns the last out the door. "If he tries shifting on you. Kill him. Hell, even if his eyes even change. Just keep me updated when he is out of my land."

"Yes, Alpha. Luna." Graham says with a smile, nodding at me, as he closes the door behind him.
"Well, your father certainly is..." Nathaniel trails off, unsure what to say, how to describe my father.
"I know what he is, Nathaniel." My body collapses in my chair, my head falling into my arms. A hand runs down my back, hoping to pull back the shock running through me.
"Are you staying here?" Malachi's tone is back to normal, relaxed, calm, and sure.
"If you don't mind. It's been a long day. I can leave in the morning." Nathaniel replies.

"I don't. Hold on." The coms beep in my ear, Malachi's voice echoing, "Macie, can you get a guest room set up for Alpha Apollo?"
"Yes, Alpha." Her sweet, timid voice answers back.
"You can leave, whenever. So when do you want those terms back to you?" Malachi's fingers run up and down my back, drifting over my neck before trailing back down.
"Tomorrow, the day after?" The coms beep again
"Alpha Carter is out of the main house. We are walking to the borderline now. No problems yet."

My fingers pull out the com in my ear. I'm tired. Today has been too much, and it's not even four. The door creaks, as what I can only say is Nathaniel walking out leaving me to my mate.
"You wanna come out of there?" Malachi breathes against my temple.
"No. I want to sleep forever."
"No, Emily." He kisses my hair again, "I've been a bad mate. You need to eat. We've been up since six, and I haven't fed you yet. And I have a surprise in the kitchen for you." My head pops up.