Bitterly Cold

Bold text: Gojo talking/speaking

Prologue/Chapter 1

It was cold, dark, unnerving. 20 years ago, 6 year old you. You were left alone on a freezing snowy night. You had no idea who your parents were or where you even came from. You always resided in an orphanage since you were a baby. However, the night before the caregivers of the orphanage left you there, they transpired a plan. You had cursed energy, of course, but you didn't know how to use or control it at such a young age.

Weird things that happened never phased you because you were young and thought it was cool , you thought it was the norm. But it wasn't. The caregivers had enough, and that leads you to where you are now. In the middle of nowhere in this bitterly cold weather. They had to consider the other orphans safety over just one orphan, you.

You sat there for a good minute thinking about where you were and why you were there before tears started running down your face. How could they do this to you? Why did they leave me here all alone? What did I do wrong? All these thoughts flooded your head as you continued to sob loudly on this snowy night. Not to mention how cold you were, your nose was runny not just from the crying, but from the weather.

After what seemed like hours of crying, a little white haired boy, with beautiful, glowing blue eyes met your gaze. He stared at you from the distance that was between you two. You were too busy crying to even think about why he was out in the open this late. Although, he could ask you the same thing. You continued to cry as the curious young boy proceeded to stared at you. Soon he began to walk over towards your direction.

You hadn't noticed him walking over as you were still too busy crying about how you were stranded in the middle of nowhere by people you thought cared for you. You finally noticed that he was walking towards you as you heard crunching while he walked through the snow. You looked up, wiping your tears from your face.

The blue eyed boy bent down and was at ground level with you. He made eye contact with you and finally open his mouth to speak.

"...Are you ok? What are you doing out here all by yourself?"

You stare at him for a bit as he asked those questions, your throat was so dry from all the crying, you could barely get a word out. You then felt your eyes watering and could tell he sees your eyes getting glossy as his face was covered with concern. You breakdown crying again as you cup your face in your hands, letting the tears fall in them.

"'They... they left me out here... all by myself... and I... I don't know where I am or why they even left me out here..."

You said all of this why sobbing up a storm, so many emotions were still going through your brain and you just couldn't control them.

The small boy looked at you longer and had absolutely no idea of what he should do. He soon came to a conclusion and leaned in and hugged you. Your crying and sniffing died down a little as he hugged you. You hugged him back, feeling a sense of safety, comfort and warmness as he hugged you, something you've never felt.

The little boy stood up and reached his hand out towards you to get up.

"Come on, you can stay at my place until we find you somewhere else to stay, ok?"

You grabbed his hand as he said this and you looked up with him, eyes still watery. You had no idea where he would be taking you, but you didn't care. Anything was better than sitting the middle of nowhere in the snow.