Cursed Technique.

Wait, do I like him. No way... absolutely not. He's... just no. "...Y/n...Y/n!!" You suddenly hear Satoru calling your name as you were in your thoughts. "Come on, hurry so I can teach you how to use your cursed energy!" He said with a bright smile on his face, as he waited for you to come meet him by the training dummies.

"Sorry, I'm coming!" You said taking your time as you walked towards him.

8 years ago

It had been just two years after Satoru basically saved you on that freezing night. You were at the time 7 years old while he was 8. You two were told by Satoru's parents to go out to pick some fruit in the vast land of grass that was about a 30 minutes walk from where you two lived. It was getting late, but his parents figured that it wouldn't take that long.

As you two finally arrived there, Satoru asked a you a question once you two walked further. "Hey... Y/n um do you have any idea what your cursed technique is yet?" He asked hesitantly, as if it would've offend you. He knew that was the reason you were basically forced out of your orphanage.

Your eyes widen as he asked the question, suddenly the memories of the caregivers of the orphanage treating you insensitively came flooding back. You tried to push them behind and decided to answer his question.

"...Well Satoru... I actually don't know. I just know I don't have that much control over it but it could still be harmful." You said as you walked over to pick a strawberry you saw on a bush. Satoru quickly hurried after you.

His eyebrows raised as you told him that. You guys have lived together for a while but he still didn't know much about you. "...Really?" He said as he watched you pick up another strawberry to place in the basket that was hanging off your arm.

"Yup..." You said as you saw something in the distance and began to trail off. It looked dangerous, like some sort of animal. You pushed Satoru behind you and suddenly felt an urge to protect him first, no matter what would happen.

"Y/n, what's going on?" He asked in a tone that sounded concerned. He tried to get from behind you to look at your face but you wouldn't let him. "Satoru, stay behind me please." You said firmly, with the only thing on your mind was to protect him.

What you didn't know was that Satoru was a lot stronger than you. He had never told you anything about his cursed technique and you never asked. You felt as though that wasn't any of your business.

"Y/n... I got this... I'm older than you y'know!" He said in a playful mood trying to ease up the tension of the air between you and whatever you saw.

"No." You said placing Satoru down on the grass. Suddenly you had a surge of cursed energy flowing through you that you've never felt before. Satoru sat on the grass and watched you staring at your hand.

Cursed energy was glowing over your hand now and it was red, showing your uncontrolled anger and frustration from the last two years and if was finally flowing out. This animal closing in on you and Satoru wasn't making you any less angry.

As the animal got closer, you were finally able to make out what it was. It was a medium sized bear. Although it wasn't that big, it was definitely big enough to kill two children. You held your hand out and walked over closer to it, not even realizing how dangerous it could be.

"Y/n! Don't go over there please! Just leave it be, it will leave!!" Satoru said desperately, he tried to get up, but whatever you touched him with when you pushed him down on the grass made him unable to get up.

You ignored him and continued walking closer to the bear with you fist up. As you extended your arm the cursed energy extended as well and hit the bear on the leg, causing the bear to go limp in that leg. This made the bear angry and he charged towards you. Before you could even run away he grabbed your leg and left a huge scar on your calf making you cry out Satoru's name.

"Y/n no!!! I... I can't move... I... Y/N!!" Tears started streaming down his eyes as he saw you struggle to get away with the huge scratch on the back of leg. Your leg was bleeding out and Satoru had absolutely no idea what to do.

Eventually Satoru was able to break from whatever was holding him down and ran over to help you. You were crying and frustrated at the same time. The strong desire to protect Satoru was still in your mind and you couldn't bring yourself to let the bear do anything to him.

Gojo got up and placed you by a tree with a serious look on his face. "Y/n. Stay here." He said as he walked away towards the bear. He looked back at you and gave you a look that gave you a feeling of safety.

Before Satoru could even lay a hand on the bear, the bear fell down on the grassy land and was unconscious, later died. Your face was full of shock. What did Satoru do? Did he just kill the bear without even touching it?

That wasn't the case. It was your cursed technique. When you touched the bear with your cursed energy on its leg, the effect of it was running throughout the bear's body. At this moment, you didn't know that was what killed the bear, but Satoru did.

That was your cursed technique. To be able to control an organisms life or death. You didn't have a name for it yet, or had no idea how to control it.

"Y/n... come over here." Satoru said with shock on his face. You jogged over to him, looking down at the bear that was now dead on the grass. "Give me your hand." Satoru said with firmness in his voice, it was a bit unsettling.

You did as he said and gave him your hand. He placed it on the bear's fur and your flinched. Why the hell was he making out your hand on a dead bear?!

As your hand was on the bear, suddenly you heard breathing from its nose. Wait, did I just bring the his bear back to life?? He grabbed your hand and pulled you away from the bear.

"That's your cursed technique, Y/n." He said with a serious look on his face. "My cursed...technique?" You said with your  face covered with distress. What the heck? Is that why they kicked me out the orphanage?

"Yeah... you can control a being's existence." As Satoru said this, the bear was suddenly awake and was struggling to get up. Satoru quickly grabbed your wrist and started making his way toward the direction of you guys' home.

Present

"Could you walk any faster, come on!" Satoru said to you as you took your time to get to him. "Yeah, yeah I'm coming. What happened to being patient?" You said as you finally got to where Satoru was along with the training dummy. He smiled down at you.

"You know I'm not patience Y/n." He said finally getting into a battle stance. "Now... let's get started shall we?" He said smiling as the brightness of the sun reflected off him glasses.

You gulped, being a little nervous and hoping Satoru would go easy on you. "Nervous, Y/n?" He asked in almost a teasing tone.

"I am not!" You were definitely lying.

Word count: 1308

(ERM so i don't know how i feel about this chapter. It took me so long for me to update bc i lowkey lost motivation. BUT, i tried my best lol. I AM welcome to any criticism as always. thank you for 88?? reads ??! 😘)