Chapter 2

Atsushi opened the apartment door before fully entering the room and letting Ryuunosuke do the same. The weretiger sat his suitcases down, his sunset eyes looking over the area around him slowly. Like Atsushi was doing, Ryuu was doing the same, his silver eyes scanning the area as if he could memorize what it looked like instantly (he didn’t doubt that the mafioso could). “So, this is where we'll be staying?” Atsushi says, looking towards the mafioso. 

“I guess so, Jinko.” He mumbles out. The door to enter the apartment leads into the living room, a small closet to the side of the door for coats and bags with a shoe rack on the other. Atushi walked further into the living room, a nice three-seat couch and armchair taking up the space with a dark wooden coffee table sitting in front of the seating area. A flat-screen TV was mounted on the wall, and a bookshelf beside it was empty of any typical home clutter. The walls so far were all a lovely creamy white, letting the room look brighter than it actually was, and the floor was dark wooden flooring. The big window in the living room area lets the two see the city that sits outside their apartment. 

To the left of the door was the kitchen, an island counter the only thing separating the kitchen and living room into separate areas. It was a nice kitchen, modern, and Atushi was sure that Ryuu would be the only one to memorize where everything in the kitchen was for when he made their meals. Ryuu was the cook, not Atsushi. He doubts that the mafioso would trust him to be in the kitchen alone, let alone cook something (especially when the last time he trusted Atushi in the kitchen, he almost burned his whole apartment building down). There was no dining table in the apartment. Instead, bar stools were lined next to the large island counter, which Atushi guessed was supposed to be a trade-off because of their tiny space. Like the living room, the walls in the kitchen were the same creamy white. “The kitchen looks pretty nice,” Ryuu mumbles, opening a few cupboards to peer inside. It seemed that the kitchen was already equipped with appliances. “We’ll have to go grocery shopping tomorrow, though. It doesn’t seem to be stocked with food- ah, there is some oatmeal though. Strange that’s the only thing inside the cupboards.” 

“Alright then, I’ll put that on our long list of things to do,” Atsushi grumbles. Ryuu simply lets a chuckle seep out between his lips at the weretiger’s words. Returning to looking around the apartment, he noticed another door in the kitchen, and Atushi could see enough to conclude it was a simple half-bathroom. Ryuu walking to the door and pushing it open to reveal more of the dark room only proved his conclusion right. The silver-haired man looked towards the other door, the singular door. The last door they still needed to open was off to the side of the kitchen, shut and ready for one of the two to open it. Ryuu looked at Atushi, his eyes also holding a slightly curious glint. The weretiger approached the door, pushing it open to reveal a bedroom. The bedroom had two sets of dressers, nightstands on either side of a king-sized bed, and another door, probably leading to another bathroom. It was very empty, like most of the house was. On the bed sat a note. Atushi walked towards the bed, picked it up, and read it. 

Good luck with the mission, and make sure to keep in touch! I also hope you enjoy the accommodations and try not to hog the whole bed since you will share it! ;) 

-Dazai

Atsushi sighs, looking behind himself to see the mafioso hovering over him, reading the note himself. “Dazai? How did he get a note here?” He tilts his head to the side, looking at the puzzled raven-haired man with a smile.

“It’s Dazai, what did you expect?” Ryuu hums in agreement, reaching out and plucking the note out of Atsushi’s hand. He looked it over, folding it up, and then looked at Atsushi with a mischievous glint in his eyes. Ryuu usually tries to keep his emotions from showing in front of people, but in private with Atsushi, he never tries to hide his feelings. It was one of the perks of… being in whatever kind of relationship they were in. Atsushi looked away from Ryuunosuke towards the bed the two of them sat in front of. “It looks like we’ll be sharing a bed-” Before the weretiger could finish, he was pushed onto the bed, a body on top of his own, caging him in. Atushi gasped in surprise, not expecting the mafioso to do such a thing. Hot breath met Atsushi’s ear, making his cheeks flush a deep red color.