Part 2

Price stood up from his desk and led me to a training room halfway across the military base.

I made a point of calming myself.
These were just some silly British allies, why would I be nervous?

When we got to the room, we walked in and I immediately spotted 3 men.
One stood out to me; tall, hefty and incredibly intimidating with a balaclava and a skull mask over his face.

Fuck me, glad he's on our side.

I thought to myself.
His dark eyes were the only feature visible on his face as they stared intently at a person beside him.
I let my attention be dragged to the other men.

One of them had a mohawk and I could catch him speaking loudly and laughing boisterously despite being across the room, a twinge of a Scottish accent in his voice.

I noticed he was wearing blue jeans and a simple crew neck T-shirt. I wondered to myself how he hadn't frozen in this cold weather.
I had multiple layers on and could still feel a slight shiver in my bones.
Stupid Scottish bastard, give me some of your warmth in this freezing country.

The last man was cleaning a gun and listening to the mohawk man.
He was attractive, had dark skin, chocolate brown eyes, and was wearing a hat with a grey hat with a union jack on it.

Of course I already knew all of them; I had looked through their personal files already but I feigned ignorance and allowed myself to be introduced.

I gave the three men a smile as we neared.

"Right, boys." Price started.
"This is Sargeant Hazel Cruz. She was sent over by General Shepard. Behave, eh?"

They all glanced between Price and I, sizing me up as I did the same to them.
They all gave a respectful nod to the captain and mohawk-man spoke first.

"Alright, lass? Excited to be working with ye. You can call me Soap."

I blinked.
His scottish accent was a lot stronger than I had originally anticipated and my brain was still processing his sentence.
From the corner of my eye I could see the captain smirk at my loss of words, but I composed myself and responded.

"Thank you. I'm honoured to be working with you."

I said after a moment.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Gaz." The other man said, offering me a small smile.

"Nice to meet you." I replied back simply.

The last man was silent for a few moments, staring me down, burning holes in my eye sockets.

"Ghost."

He stated bluntly before standing up, grabbing his gun in the process and leaving.

Jesus, who pissed in his cornflakes?

Despite his slight rudeness, I gave him a small nod as he walked away.
I ignored his brashness and hoped he was just like that with everyone.
I didn't need any problems on this mission, especially not from someone on our own side.

"Ignore him." Price said to me, shaking his head in slight disapproval.

"Cruz... Mexican, isn't it?" Soap asked, taking the attention away from the now retreating man-baby who clearly needed a quick nap.

"Spanish." I corrected.

I could see they wanted to ask why a Spanish girl was in American special forces but held back to not be insensitive or offensive.

Price interrupted the conversation while looking at his watch.

"Briefing now, soldiers. Then we're going straight to the heli."

~~

The briefing passed painfully slow, dragging on with minor details.
Price informed us that the would be flying to the middle east to find an American missile and stolen classified British documents.
In 20 minutes we were in the heli, Soap and Gaz on either side of me, Ghost and Price infront as a Russian man named Nicolai flew us.

"Oi, 'ave a look at this, lassie." Soap called out to me, tapping my knee.

I looked over to see him tinkering with a small aluminium bomb about the size of a tennis ball.

"This little thing is called nitro, new type, just got em. 15 second fuse, about 25 meter destructive radius."
He grinned and passed me one.

"Hope you can run fast or yer going kaboom with the enemies." He chucked.

I inspected the gadget. The bomb had a simple design, with a metallic exterior and a small digital display on one side for detonation.

"And it's stable?" I asked inquisitively.

Soap was silent for a moment before he replied, his grin faltering.
"I'm about... 55% sure."

"Well, ain't that reassuring?" I mused dryly.

"Landing in 20." Ghost's gruff voice snapped me out of my fixation on the little bomb as I slipped it into a pocket in my bullet proof vest.

"Be ready."