One

The fire roared in front of us as thunder rolled in behind us. I leaned back into Jake's chest as he planted a soft kiss to the top of my head. I'd nearly cried when he walked me out of the house and I saw the little backyard picnic he had set up for us. After days of near silence, no smiles and chaste kisses the thoughtfulness had nearly been too much.

"I love you." He murmured.

A loud clap of thunder crackled through the air just as the rain started, a few drops and then a cascade of rain. Jake jumped up pulling me with him, but I pulled out of his grasp twisting away with a grin. I held out my hand as he watched me, hair plastered against his forward already soaked.

"Dance with me."

The music seemed to get louder as he stepped towards me, his eyes on mine, mouth curved ever so slightly. The heat in his eyes sent shivers down my spine as he pulled me close, pressing his body into mine. My breathe caught in my throat, I wasn't sure where I ended, and he began. His head dipped low, lips mere inches from mine before I was spinning away.

I landed gently against his chest, and he dipped me towards the ground. I hung there for a heartbeat, then two before he pulled me back up. I was barely upright before my hands knotted through his hair and my lips were against his. Lightening cracked as it slammed into the earth lighting up the backyard. We broke apart with a laugh before running into the house, the fire long put out by the rain.

The bathroom tile was cold against my feet as I yanked my shirt over my head. I dropped it in the sink followed quickly by my pants and turn as Jake stepped into the bathroom. His gaze darkened as his eyes swept over me. I took a step towards him, biting my lip nervously and he doesn't move.

My fingers wrapped around the wet material of his shirt. His arms lift as I slowly peeled his shirt off.

His warm palm pressed into my back closing the gap between us. His fingers trace up my spine and I shivered as his hands reached the lace. One practiced movement and it flopped onto the floor.

"Charlee..." My name is little more than a growl on his lips. 

**********************************************************************

Okay, okay. SUPER SHORT. 

BUT.

Happy Valentines Day. xoxo