Paperwork

"Honestly, Annalise, I'm very surprised you haven't been accepted in a job yet- why is that?" Chester tilts his head to the side. His eyebrows raised and he kept glancing down at the papers in his tattooed hands.

I was sat in front of him in his office, in an 'interview chair'. (He called it that, might as well roll with it.)

We had been talking for the past half an hour about my CV, and I had explained how I got rather good grades in Highschool. Just A's and B's, and yet, I still hadn't had a job...

Under the table, my fingers tangle with another and fiddle with my nail beds. It wasn't a topic I necessarily enjoyed talking about.

"My parents don't have the best reputation, their names are very recognisable. They...were arrested, when i was 19, and since then i just haven't been able to get any jobs because of it."

Chester's eyes seem to narrow and he drops the pile of paperwork on his desk. He brings his elbows to the table and use it to prop my arms up so he can rest his chin on his hands. The way he was looking at me made me feel like mentioning my parents wasn't a good idea.

"Your parents?" He clears his throat, leaning back. "your parents are Beatrice and Lucas Lannister, correct?"

Shit.

"...yes sir." A gentle sigh leaves my lungs. Could i loose the only chance at a good job, simply because of my parents?

But then, I feel a pair of warm hands place themselves upon my own. I look up, to see Chester, looking down at time with a solemn expression. "Don't." He warns.

"Don't think I'm gonna judge you simply because of your parents. They don't define you." He releases my hands and instead crosses his arms, leaning back in his chair. He gestures with his head at the paperwork.

"You have the qualifications," he starts "you have the relative experience needed for the job we offered you. If I can give you some training, you'll have the job permanently." I really did not expect that reaction. It was the first time someone had reacted like that.

I nodded my head in response - what could I say back to him? There wasn't much i could reply with without breaking down into tears.

He smiles at me, showing off those pearly whites that i had already gotten used to seeing.
"You're hired, Annalise. I'm impressed." He chuckles.

I watch as he stands up, and I do the same, slinging my handbag over my shoulder.

He shows me the door, and walks beside me until we reach the revolving doors once more. "There is a cab waiting for you outside, it'll take you to your apartment." Taking one hand out of his trousers pockets, he holds out a key. An apartment key.

I take it, and feel the heavy metal between my fingers.
"Thank you sir, really." I give him a huge smile. He had no idea how grateful I was for his help. If it was anyone else interviewing me, I probably wouldn't have got the job.

"Call me Chester, really, dear. No need for formalities." His laugh was so soothing, i could listen to it for days. "Now, head to your new apartment, and be back here for 10AM, sharp. I don't like my employees to be late"

A chuckle rumbles in my throat. I give him a gentle nod. 10Am sharp. Got it.

Turning on my heels, I walk out of the building through the revolving doors, where at the bottom of the stone stairs a company car was waiting for me. Of course it was a Tesla, I need to stop getting so surprised at the most predictable things.

I get inside the car, and the driver automatic drives off, heading towards my new company apartment.

-----------------
Hiya!!!! I really hope you guys are enjoying this so far!

Next chapter will be a short one, because it will be slightly different to what's been happening🤭 Please vote and keep showing your support, because I really really want to be able to show my ideas to you all🫶