Folie II Part 19

The next day, Angie, Kyle and Demina's ghost regrouped at Ravenheart Manor to go over their plan of action. It was agreed the Kyle would do most of the investigative work concerning three of the young women that the Frozen Beauty Killer had abducted in the county. While he put his report together, Demina's ghost would teach Angie how to use the psychic abilities that the Sisterhood had unlocked in her.

The three sat in a circle in the manor's grounds. Kyle was on his laptop and the sisters went through Demina's grimoire; the leather bound book written in many strange languages, including symbols, charts and illustrated instructions for performing both light and dark magic ...

'Okay, first things first. The grimoire is like an encyclopedia for Mediums. There are many spells in there – but as a beginner, you should only be interested in the spells concerning the Sister Hood of the Cayote. There are 12 of them – each named after one of the sisters,' Demina explained.

'Cool,' Angie remarked.

'We don't have time to go over the spells in order – which is the way they are usually taught. We'll pick the ones that will be most useful to us on our mission for now. We'll expand your knowledge and skills on the others as we go along ...' Demina continued.

'Okay, so, like which one would you suggest we start with?' Angie asked.

'Hmm ... tough ... Well, if I were you, I'd start with something to arm yourself with. Something flashy and scary enough for any kind of enemy we might meet – particularly one called The Frozen Beauty Killer. We'll go with Imix – the Red Sister – a fire element psychosomatic kinesis ability,' Demina said with a smirk.

'Oh, cool!' Kyle piped in, 'so basically you're gonna teach her how to shoot fireballs like the little girl from Firestarter, right?'

'Damn, right!' Demina nodded enthusiastically.

'Awesome, then what?' Angie asked.

'Next, we need spells that we'll help us locate our enemies – especially those that may be following us. I suggest you learn Chikchan – the Orange Sister – for telepathy and empathy. Ooh – then Kimi and Ehb – the Violet and Red-Violet sisters respectively. We'll need them for pre-cognitive and retro-cognitive clairaudience, clairsentience, and clairvoyance. What do you think?' Demina asked Kyle who had read through the grimoire before; not that he understood much of what was written in it.

'I agree. I've been running some hacks into the databases of the local precincts ... The information the cops have on the missing girls is piss-poor. I suspect most of the data is buried in undocumented paper work ... or else they're hiding it somewhere else. Every info-gathering spell that you and Angie have will give us an edge when we're out in the field.' Kyle replied.

'That's what I thought ...' Demina sighed.

'Okay, then ... so how do we get started,' Angie asked her.

'Kyle ... you may want to relocate yourself for your own safety,' Demina said.

'You don't have to tell me twice ...' Kyle said as he got up and left the grounds.

'Is it really that dangerous?' Angie asked with raised brows.

'When is fire not?' Kyle called back as he walked away. 'I'll be inside, watching from the windows'

'Okay ... so spells are relatively simple to perform. Not easy or hard. It's all in your attitude ... and more importantly – your intention,' Demina told Angie. 'They are powerful when you use them to protect those you love ... and dangerous to everyone if you use them for any other reason ...'