'don't you believe'

-Chapter six-

"What happened, Millie?" The bed dipped under Lees weight and Amelia finally raised her head from her its previous position on her legs. She had to blink a few times before her eyes adjusted to the light. The smell of eucalyptus was dulled, but at least she heard birds in the distance. Something to show her she was here at camp and not somewhere in her head.

"I think its getting worse again. Like really bad, Lee." Amelia whispered. Amelia had a terrible night of sleep nightmares plaguing her again. Lee her older brother had woken her out of two the last night and now everybody worried. "Amelia this is not okay. Dad is trying to tell you something, you have to listen."

But she really didn't want to dwell in the bone shaking feeling any longer than she absolutely had to. Nightmares weren't that rare under demigods, but for children of Apollo the god of prophecy it meant no good. It wasn't usually her getting those dream more likely Dawn. Amelia didn't know how to deal with the ancient words and blurred pictures of her dreams. Prophecy just wasn't for her.

She was afraid someone other than her devoted brother would hear and call her insane again. The weighted blanket helped a bit, it was coloured in a sunset orange and it was soft against her fingertips. Her arms tightened around her legs pulling them even closer to her chest.

"Have you talked to Dawn about it?" he asked.

There was a lump in her throat hindering her from speaking. Again she asked herself if screaming that night in the infirmary counted as talking. No? Yeah then no, they hadn't talked. Amelia couldn't even look her sister straight in the eyes. How would she talk to her? She turned her head towards the wall so he would see how her eyes watered.

"I'm guessing she told you she wants to leave then? Nothing is decided yet you know that right? And even if she decides to go that doesn't mean she loves you any less." When he got no answer he sighed and reached for something in his pocket. He held out a eucalyptus drop to her which she reluctantly accepted. Now she certainly felt like a child again, a kid that needed sweets because it was throwing a tantrum. Not the best way to raise your children but the fastest way to calm them when they were hurt.

Which she wasn't. She wasn't hurt, she wasn't damaged.

She did not respond to him. There was nothing else she had the desire to share with him right now. After all she had heard those exact words before. It sounded fake rolling from his tongue. Had they met up and studied those lines to show they cared or something? Because they were doing a horrible job.

Looking over to Dawn's bed she found it was empty. She was on infirmary duty so that was no real surprise. Her bed was made and some of the photos she used to have on her nightstand were gone. But no nothing was decided yet. Liars.

"I talked to Luke, he's worried about you." he said. That caught her attention. He was worried about her? When people talk why do they always start with the least important detail and the drop what they actually wanted? That was a phenomenon scientists should study! Or had they already? Honestly she couldn't bring herself to care. Her eyes found his face and skimmed over it in search of any sign of what words had fallen between the two. "He said you were really out of it yesterday and that you had one of your- visions. Seriously, Amelia should I be worried too?"

A vision? No that wasnt right, she didn't have one yesterday- she didn't.
She rubbed her temple and tried desperately to see through her foggy memory. There was nothing there other than the faint picture of Adrien turning blue in the face. No sign of a dream or Luke snapping her out of one, she always remembered that at the very least. Why didn't she now?

"I don't know. I had a fight with Luke and I talked to Clarisse then I went to sleep, I think... Did he say what happened exactly?" Her head felt like someone had pushed it hard against a wall though she didn't remember that happening. That didn't mean a lot right now as she obviously didn't actually remember the day before.
"No, he did not. But-" He sighed brushing his blonde hair out of his face with his fingers. "Amelia you know I told you not to stay at the Hermes cabin." Lee reminded her.

Amelia did not need no reminder. He was her brother of course he was not taking it easy she slept in the same bed as a boy, even if that boy was her boyfriend of three years. She moved suddenly feeling the urge to talk to Luke. Something had happened and her mind was twisting it so much she couldn't be sure which version was real. She shoved the blanket to the side slipping into shoes, draping Luke's jacket over her shoulders which she still hadn't given back.

Her chest felt heavy, her stomach rumbled from being refused food and her head was going to send her into an early grave if it wouldn't stop pounding soon. Just great. It was as if she was on the edge of getting sick which was rare for Apollo Kids. Not at all a reassuring sign.

"You haven't even eaten anything. Where do you think you're going young Lady? I am not done having this conversation." His hand pointing to the plate of food on her bedside table. Lee must have brought it with him from breakfast. It was against the rules to bring food into the cabins. There was a moment of hestiaton in her actions. She almost felt bad seeing he only picked food he knew she liked. Fruits no meat. Not many people cared for the fact she was vegetarian.