𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

You were pacing in front of the elevator, waiting for Bucky to arrive

You were pacing in front of the elevator, waiting for Bucky to arrive. He called two hours ago to tell you he and Sam were fine  and that they would be there in the afternoon. The news brought a wave of relief, overwhelming you.

The thought of going to Sebastian to talk with him while waiting for Bucky had crossed your mind. However, you didn't want to disturb him, still feeling guilty about what happened with Steve earlier this morning. After that, he locked himself in his room and hasn't come out of it since. And Steve wasn't answering your messages.

The sounds of the elevator startled you. Your heart started to beat faster and missed a beat when Bucky emerged. You jumped in his arms as he dropped his backpack to catch you. Scents of cedar wood, plums and cologne enveloped you. He was back. He was safe.

Tears of joy and relief started to prickle your eyes. "I'm here now, dragostea mea. I'm not leaving you." He whispered sweet words while caressing your hair and holding you a little tighter.

Minutes passed as none of you wanted to let go of the other. At some point, Bucky moved, brushing the tears away from your face with his thumbs. "Hey, it's okay," he softly said. "I'm safe, and I'm sorry you got so scared. I promise I'm gonna make it up to you tonight." A smirk appeared on his face, making you laugh. "But first, I have to make my report to Fury. Wanna come with me?"

You took his hand, following him to the elevator and to Fury's office. On your way, you talked a little bit about what happened this past week.

"I left Sam with Steve before joining you", Bucky started. "Steve quickly explained what happened. So, if I understood, Hydra captured your favourite actor instead of me?"

"That's right. I was relieved when I saw it wasn't you that they captured, but also terrified because we had no news from Sam and you."

"He also said that Sebastian might have tried to get closer to you," he seemed nervous. Bucky still thought that he didn't deserve you, but he didn't want to lose you.

"We just both couldn't sleep and we talked. I just started to cry while talking about you and he tried to comfort me. His hand just stayed on my face... probably too long, and Steve thought he was trying to kiss me. But that's it. Nothing else happened."

Bucky stopped, now facing you. "Are you... Do you like him? I mean, do you want to be with him?"

"What? Oh my God, Bucky no! I promise you nothing happened. He is nice, and honestly he looks a lot like you, that's insane. But he is not you. I want you Bucky, and no one else. I love you."

"I love you too. But I'm still gonna have a talk with him." He put a kiss on your forehead and you entered Nick Fury's office.

***

"Are you still angry?" you asked Steve as you were both waiting for Bucky and Sam to finish reporting to Fury. It had only been five minutes, but those were only silent. And it started to make you uncomfortable.

"At that Sebastian? Yes. Less than this morning, but still. We don't know him and he starts to hit on you. I don't like that."

"Thank you," you said. Surprise was visible on his face. "For protecting me. It means a lot to me." Steve hugged you and you could feel that he was feeling better. Sam being back might help too.

"I'm glad Sam is back," he said, echoing your thoughts. "I'm going to tell him how I feel tonight. And I hope it'll end in bed." You chuckled, knowing that Bucky and you were having the same plan.

Suddenly, the door of the office opened. It was Fury: "Come in, both of you. »

You sat next to Bucky and Steve next to Sam. « The information Captain Rogers and Agent Y/L/N brought back during their last mission are very valuable. They're going to help take down Hydra. I'm going to send a team, but I also want to know if you're all willing to participate. Especially Sergeant Barnes. With your past with them, I would understand if you're not interested. »

« No, I'm fine. I'll do it. When do we leave? »

« In two days. »

Two days. For Christmas. And he said yes.

You couldn't believe he agreed without any hesitation. Without taking into account how you felt when you didn't know if he was safe. Without talking about it to you. It was as if time stopped. Fear was closing its fingers on you again, suffocating you. You couldn't go through what you'd just been through again. Disappointment gripping your heart, you got up and left. It was then that a flood of questions came over you. Was he mad at you? Does he still love you? Did he meet someone?

Bucky followed you and stopped you in the middle of the hallway. When he saw your red eyes, he tried to get closer to you but you didn't let him, feeling guilty the second after when you saw the hurt on his face.

"Please, baby, you have to understand, I have to go." He gently took your hands in his. "What they have done to Sebastian, to me... they could do it to other people. I have to stop them."

"No, you don't." Your voice was breaking. You've been through so much, you fought all your life. Why can't you just stop for once. It's like you want to risk your life or suffer. You deserve to have some rest too, you know?"

It was silent as you stared at each other. It had started snowing and if it continued all night, New-York would be covered in snow in no time. This was supposed to be a perfect time. You would have enjoyed Christmas together, exchanging gifts. Have a romantic Christmas Eve. But if Bucky left for another mission...

"Don't go, please..." you begged him.

"I'm sorry, I have to." You removed your hands from his, and when he tried to hold you back, you just said: "I think I need to be alone and sleep a little."

- 𝙏𝙊 𝘽𝙀 𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙐𝙀𝘿 -

I wanted the chapter to be longer and to contain smut, but I didn't want to make you wait any longer. Also, I thought it would be great to cut the chapter at this moment.  I hope you loved it !  Don't hesitate to comment and vote to support me !