Chapter 1: The Interview

BECKY, POV

I, walked into the sleek, modern office building, my heart racing with anticipation. I had been searching for a job as a personal assistant for months, and this opportunity at Freen's company seemed like a dream come true.

I took a deep breath and stepped into the elevator, ascending to the top floor where the CEO's office awaited.

As the doors opened, I was greeted by a stunning view of the city skyline. Freen's assistant, a poised woman named Lila, welcomed me with a warm smile. "Becky, it's great to finally meet you. Freen is running a bit behind schedule, but she'll see you shortly."

I nodded, taking a seat in the luxurious waiting area. My eyes scanned the room, absorbing the subtle hints of Freen's personality - a rare orchid on the coffee table, a minimalist art piece on the wall, and a sleek, black piano in the corner. I couldn't help but feel intimidated by the sheer magnitude of her success.

After what felt like an eternity, Lila ushered me into Freen's office. She rose from behind her imposing desk, her piercing gaze locking onto mine.

"Becky, welcome. Please, take a seat." Her deep voice commanded attention, and I felt a shiver run down my spine.

The interview began, and Freen's intense questioning put me on edge. She probed every aspect of my experience, testing my knowledge and skills with a calculating precision.

I struggled to keep up, but her presence was mesmerizing, making me feel both nervous and drawn to her simultaneously.

As the interview concluded, Freen leaned back in her chair, her eyes narrowing. "Becky, you're impressive. I think you'd be a great fit for my team. But let's be clear: my work comes first. I expect complete dedication and discretion. Can you handle that?"

I nodded, my mind racing with the implications of working for someone as powerful and enigmatic as Freen. Little did I know, this was only the beginning of a complicated and all-consuming journey.