Part 1 "The guests have arrived"

(!! BEFORE YOU READ !! this is my first ever fanfic I've written so please don't be too judgmental in comments! I kinda just had fun with this story and it takes place after the game. If there are any scenarios you want me to write lmk, !! no trigger warnings / sfw !! )

word count: 594

Basil had finished watering all his plants and finally stepped inside his house, feeling the sweet hit of coolness flowing from the air conditioner. He hurriedly threw his gloves off and onto the counter of his kitchen and he made his way to the dining room. Sitting on top of the dining table were five empty place mats. Basil, the night before, had set up the placemats for his grandmother, Polly, Kel, Sunny, and him. It was a valentines dinner and well, Polly loves company on holidays. Basil knew that she would love for his friends to eat dinner with them and he knew he needed to catch up on old times. He carefully fixed one of the placemats that had been folded over. Any minute Sunny and Kel would show up, Just then Polly walked down from the staircase, "Basil, Has the oven gone off yet and is your grandmother awake?"
Basil shook his head, "No, but I'll wake her up! Sunny and Kel should be here soon and I just know she wants to see them again."
Polly grinned and nodded in agreement, Basil quickly rushed to her room and slowly opened the door. Basil hated it, and he would never admit it. But, every time his grandmother over slept he always got that gut wrenching feeling that maybe just maybe the worse had come. But luckily instead as he shook her, her eyes opened.
"Basil? What's going on sprout?" Her eyes trying to adjust on Basil.
"Sunny and Kel are coming over really soon for dinner. want to eat with us?" Basil said egridly. This was one of the rare occasions his grandmother would eat with him and Polly, because she's so sick it takes a lot to get out of bed and into the dining room. But on special days she manages to get the strength, especially when Basils is the one asking. Basil's eyes lit up with excitement as his grandmother agreed. Basil rushed back into the dining room.
"Polly, Polly, Grandmas going to eat with us!" Basil was exclaiming.
"Oh thats nice, can you take the chicken out of oven while I help your grandmother?" Polly removed the oven mitt from off her hands and onto Basils."
Then she left to attend Basil's grandmother as Basil heard the doorbell ring. He quickly grabbed the chicken from the oven and sat it down on the counter. Then nervously rushed to the door, his hands shaking as he gripped the doorknob.
Kel was holding a bag of chips, while sunny was holding Mari's favorite candy. Basil noticed the candy first because Mari would
always bring some to share with him and Aubrey. He tried looking away from the candy and on his friends faces but the temptation was too strong.
Basil spoke before a knot could grow in his throat, "Come inside you guys," He spulrted.
Kel entered first, then Sunny. Both placing their snacks on the table and then looking back to Basil.
"How've you been?" Kel asked basil, showing a sign of sympathy.
Basil's eyes met Kels, the pain always hitting every time, but that's not something you share with friends.
"There will always be better days." Basil responds and leads Kel and Sunny upstairs and into his room.