Part 2 "Room bonding"

Word count: 610
part 2/3

Basil's room is comfy, but dead. His bed is made, his clothes are folded and put away, but all the passion is dead. All the sleepovers at his house were now distant memories. Hero would always accidentally knock over the lamp that was next to Basil's door. And Mari would always help put the lamp back up for Hero. The spot where the lamp would rest is now empty. His green carpet which had a stain because Aubrey once spilt spaghetti sauce on it was also now gone. His blinds were shut and curtains closed, they hadn't been open for as long as Kel could remember, because basil's room was always dark he wasn't able to grow many plants in his room. The windowsill that once had pretty vibrant flowers now wiped clean. His room wasn't bland, It was dead, gone, stolen in some ways.
Basil subtlety shaking, his eyes fixated on Sunny's. Him and Sunny hadn't spoken since the hospital, it wasn't Sunny's fault Basil didn't want to say hi.
Kel knew that Basil and Sunny needed to talk so he excused himself to the bathroom.
As Kel walked out Basil and Sunny both sat on his bed. The bed Sunny, Kel, and Aubrey would fight over because none of them wanted to sleep on the floor. Basil would sleep on the ground with Mari and Hero so all three of them could sleep on his bed.
"How's Aubrey doing..?" Basil asked sunny.
"Shes, she's okay. I saw her crying a week ago but after that she's been keeping it together. She even started looking at me again. Maybe, she will forgive me.. us.. I mean us." Sunny knew he messed up, because the truth was, Aubrey still had disdain for Basil.
"I wish I could give Aubrey the world, but all I've done is taken someone she loved. Am I really the bad guy?" Basil admitted.
Sunny hated how basil saw himself as Mari's killer.
"You never took anything from anyone." Sunny sternly said, looking Basil directly in the eyes.
Sunny's voice was loud and stern, which many people would be scared or uncomfortable with, but Basil found comfort in stern Sunny. The Sunny that would stand up for his friends, not let anyone mess with his buddies. The Sunny that had been lost in the mess of his mind after the incident was now showing again, and Basil desperately wanted to see any type of good change in Sunny. Any progress Sunny made was proof to Basil that he was also able to change.
Basil digged his fingers into his soft fuzzy white blanket. Looking directly into Sunny's eyes as if he were trying to enter Sunny's mind.
"I missed you."
Basil's soft words flooding Sunny's ears.
Sunny, unsure of what to do, leaned into Basil, wrapping his arms over Basil's shoulders.
Basil hugged Sunny back.
They embraced each other for a minute or so, they needed it, especially Basil who had always felt like sunny abandoned him.
After Sunny moved, he would visit his friends every other weekend, so he never really left them. However Sunny never visited Basil. Which drove Basil up the walls.
After a bit, Sunny leaned away from Basil, now looking around his room.
"Yeah, Polly said it would be best if I took down the photos." Sunny hadn't noticed yet that Basil's photo collage had been taken down until he mentioned it.
"Where are they?" Sunny asked.
"Away." Basil didn't feel like discussing the photos anymore.
Basil hopped off his bed and began walking out of his room, "Lets eat, I'm starving," and led Sunny back down to the dining room.