24. Opened Eyes

"Jungkook...."

"Mom, don't lie to me, does he like me?"

"Jungkook, hunny, I'm gonna say this in the nicest way I can.. but if you can't see that that boy loves you to death, you are absolutely blind"

Jungkook looked at his mom with his mouth hung open.

"But we've always been such good friends?"

"Jungkook ever since you guys were young, I've seen that you guys have such a close bond, at this point I'd be surprised if you guys never ended up together"

"I- and you didn't tell me anything?"

"It wouldn't have mattered then, you were with Jimin"

Jungkook started to think, he looked around trying to find any words that could follow that.

"What do you think I should do?"

"It's not my decision, but Jungkook if you break that boy's heart...oh I don't even know what I'd do.."

"So I should accept his feelings out of pity?"

"No, don't pity him Jungkook, nothing good will come from that. What I'm saying is to just think about whatever you're going to do or say before you do it"

"How would I even address this? Tae doesn't know that I know"

"Don't think too much about that right now, Jungkook, for now just find out if you like him, I'll support you either way"

"Thanks mom.."

"Of course, now go to your room and think about everything, maybe get a little rest too"

"I will.."

Jungkook said as he dragged his feet, walking to his room. He didn't know what to even think anymore. Yesterday he just saw Taehyung as a piece to the puzzle that would help him get Jimin back but now he's finding out that Taehyung liked him, and apparently it was a lot. He loved Taehyung, as a friend, that was for sure, but now he feels guilty about everything he has said to Tae these past few months. He rubbed his head in frustration.

"I can't think about this right now..."

He muttered before he drifted off to sleep, unaware of the many messages that were being sent to him from the one and only, Kim Taehyung.

Tae 🐯
Jimin told me he told you.. so I guess I gotta admit to it now.

Tae 🐯
Yes, I do like you, and not that I wanna scare you, but I've liked you for a while now, like a long, long while...

Tae 🐯
Once I started dating Yoongi hyung and you started dating Jimin hyung my feelings for you faded a lot, but after this dare I'm afraid that they maybe just slightly reappeared

Tae 🐯
I can't help it tho ur just so...so... I don't even know, but you just are like a magnet for me

Tae 🐯
Fuck this is actually terrifying

Tae 🐯
Just please don't be too harsh on me

Tae 🐯
Also don't feel obligated to date me just cuz I like u

Tae 🐯
I'm sorry for everything I've done or said these past few months, I guess I've just been hurt about Jimin and yoongi

Tae 🐯
And I hope that even with whatever happens between us, we can still stay friends

Tae 🐯
I'll shut up now since you haven't responded :')

-3 hours later-

Jungkook sat up in his bed, stretching as he looked around his dimly lit room. He sighed and grabbed his phone to check the time, only to see a bunch of texts from Taehyung. His eyes immediately adjusted to the light and he was now reading through all the messages, feeling a light blush dust across his face.
"What the hell..." Jungkook muttered to himself as he read the messages while biting at his nails.

Kookie 🐰
I um didn't think they were being serious

Kookie 🐰
Tbh idk what to say to that..but like..why? I've been such an ass lately

Tae 🐯
At least ur self aware lol

Kookie 🐰
Damn no mercy

Tae 🐯
Should've seen it coming tbh 🤷🏼‍♂️

Kookie 🐰
True :')

Tae 🐯
....

Jungkook anxiously watched his phone as the three dots appeared. A sigh he didn't realize he had been holding was released when the dots disappeared.
"Who am I kidding? What did I even expect.."
Ding!
Jungkook quickly grabbed his phone and looked at it

Tae 🐯
Soooo...what do you have to say about... y'know what

Kookie 🐰
Give me the day to think about things

Jungkook said as he looked at the message he just sent. He wasn't seriously thinking about trying things with Taehyung was he? The man who has been his best friend since they were in middle school.. The man that now has blossomed before Jungkook into an amazing, beautiful, smart, handsome, sexy young man...
He never expected Taehyung to like him, but looking back into his and Taehyung's past.
The goofing around, the flirty teasing, the subtle eye contact before quickly turning away, it was all starting to make sense, but why now? Why when he had his heart set on Jimin? Why did Taehyung make his heart race and make him blush uncontrollably like a teenage girl who has a silly little crush.

Tae 🐯
Remember, don't feel obligated for anything okie? I'll be fine in the end ;)

Tae 🐯
AHSHDJDKS I DIDNT MEAN TO PUT THAT  I MEANT :) 😭

Jungkook bit a smile back as he read the message before coming to a realization.
"I think I like Taehyung..."