27. Confession?

Jungkook held his knees while catching his breath, gasping for air as he rang the doorbell. The familiar tune heard from the outside. The door cracked open.

"Jungkook?"

"Tae" Jungkook panted out with a smile.

"Why are you here? Do you want some water?" Taehyung asked as he dragged Jungkook in, sitting him down on the couch.

"Yes please" Jungkook panted out as he rested his head back on the comfortable cushion, forgetting why he was there for a second.

"So why are you here?" Taehyung asked as he brought a glass of water to Jungkook.

"Oh, i-" Jungkook stopped, the nerves finally kicking in.

"I... Um. I" Jungkook shyly looked down as Taehyung began to worry.

"Look, Jungkook, I  think I know what you're gonna say..."  Taehyung muted as he looked at the floor.

"You do?" Jungkook asked hopefully.

"Yes, and I want you to know that I'm completely okay with your decision" Taehyung said with a weak smile.

"Really?" Jungkook asked, wondering why Taehyung seemed disappointed.

"Yeah, I mean it's not what I would want but I respect that you want it and it's probably for the best anyway."

"Wait- what are you talking about?"

"I know you're gonna reject me Jungkook, namjoon told Jin what you guys talked about and Jin told me, and I'm okay with it" Taehyung never looked up but Jungkook heard the hurt in his voice.

"That was before I realized that I'm an incompetent fucking asshole who is too stupid to realize what is good for him"

Taehyung finally looked up, only to see Jungkook with open arms. A tear slipped past Taehyung's eyes as he leaped into Jungkook's arms, nuzzling his face in his neck.

"I'm sorry Tae, for being so oblivious to everything"

"It's okay" Taehyung whispered into Jungkook's neck, hugging him like his life depended on it.

"No, it's not, and I'm gonna make up for everything I've said and done starting today." Jungkook insisted as he held Taehyung close, rubbing his back in the process.

"We were both oblivious " Taehyung said as he rubbed his fallen tears away.

"Maybe the time just wasn't right" Jungkook said as he held Taehyung's face, rubbing the last of the tears away.

"Maybe" Taehyung said with a chuckle.

"So what do you wanna do? Want me to take you out to eat?.. or maybe we can go to the movies.. or whatever you wanna go do" Jungkook offered.

"Why don't we just stay here and hang out? I can ask my mom to make us some food if you're hungry"

"I'd love that" Jungkook said with a big, goofy grin.

"Let me go ask her then" Taehyung said but Jungkook's grip on him tightened.

"Don't leave meeee" Jungkook said as he hugged Tae tighter, leaving Taehyung with a wide smile. "Do you want to cuddle or do you want food?"

"Can't we do both?" Jungkook said as he laid back onto the couch, Taehyung getting dragged down with him.

"Well I gotta call my mom if you want food-" Taehyung was interrupted by the door being opened, Mrs. Kim walking in. The sight must have been odd considering their history and the fact that Taehyung was ON TOP of Jungkook.

"Holy shit" Mrs. Kim cursed, surprising both boys because they have never heard her cuss other than those few rare occasions.

"Mom! I was about to call you" Taehyung said as he stood up, Jungkook awkwardly doing the same

"Hey Mrs. Kim"

"So you guys are like.." she crossed her fingers.

"No" Taehyung said at the same time Jungkook said:

"Yeah"

"No" Jungkook quickly corrected, only for Taehyung to do the same.

"Yes"

They looked at each other before Mrs. Kim started to laugh.

"So you guys are like friends with benefits or what? Because that didn't look like nothing."

"Oh my god!" Taehyung shouted as he covered his face from embarrassment.

"No ma'am! We are still figuring everything out, but I hope to be his boyfriend.." Jungkook said confidently as he wrapped an arm around the blushing Taehyung.

"Aish I knew you guys would end up together!" Mrs. Kim happily shouted as she grabbed Jungkook's hands. "Treat my boy right, or else, got it?"

"Yes ma'am!"

"Call me mom!" Mrs. Kim happily declared causing Jungkook to smile.

"Yes mom" Jungkook said with his giant bunny smile.

"Alright, that's enough of that, can you make us some food mom? We're gonna go watch a movie in my room"

"Sure thing, but don't do anything more than hugs, I don't want my boy losing his innocence this soon!" Mrs. Kim says in a stern voice before turning to the kitchen.

Jungkook and Tae look at each other knowingly before they burst out laughing.

"She doesn't know?"

"No! And you better not say anything"

"How does she not know? You and Yoongi hyung were like rabbits" Jungkook joked but Taehyung just awkwardly laughed.

"Shit, too far? I'm sorry" Jungkook quickly apologized.

"It's fine, I just remembered that you had said you had seen us that one time and I feel a bit bad about that"

"Don't be sorry, it's not like I haven't done that with Jimin.."

Taehyung laughed.

"Y'know, Jimin told me that he accidentally told Yoongi about how I complained about our sex life.. so I kinda want payback.."

"You complained about your sex life with Yoongi? Oh I'm doomed" Jungkook joked and Taehyung laughed, smacking his shoulder.

"It's not that I hated it, I just thought that our relationship was built off of sex"

"Well I can assure you that won't happen with me" Jungkook said as he kissed Taehyung's cheek.

"I know, Jimin told me" Jungkook raised his brow.

"What did Jimin say?"

"He said that you never wanted to fuck.."

"It's not that I didn't want to, it's just that I wanted to be connected on a more personal level!" Jungkook defended and Taehyung clapped.

"Exactly what I told Yoongi! But then we did it once and it was kinda hard to stop after that.."

"Gross don't talk about that" Jungkook played and Taehyung laughed.

"Let's just forget about them and move forward clean, yeah?" Taehyung asked as he held out his hand.

"Yeah" Jungkook said as he grabbed Taehyung's hand, his side bunny smile on full display.