Stuck Together

Sylvia

When I said I wanted to have Trev's babies, while an honest statement, I didn't think he'd take it as seriously as he has been. He's been on a one man mission to impregnate me ten times over. I can't complain, really, beyond a slight soreness in my hips. After the first time, my instincts had settled into contentment beyond the lingering heat that simmered beneath my skin. It would dissipate in the next week, leaving only the desire for Trevor that always seemed to hover just below the surface.

The morning after we... ended the courting period, Sandy crowed about more grandbabies and Walter mentioned something about initiating me into the family finally. It's been almost two days since then and I think the blush on my cheeks and ears is barely going away.

Trev asked me this morning if he could handle the bank loan on my behalf and I agreed seeing as he's far better at talking to people than I am. He disappeared into Walter's office and hasn't come out since. Trav and Val have still been hanging out, but I think it's mostly for the free sitter services. Wrangling all three babies at one time, even for two people, is a lot of work. They've been troopers since they moved out, but sometimes they come in looking like they're both ready to faint. Those babies are so darn cute that no one has problems taking one off their hands for a few hours.

With Ryan swaddled and nestled in Eve's lap while she types away on her laptop and Nicky giving both her parents a hard time with the way she won't keep her arms or legs still while they try to change a diaper, I'm left with Naomi. She still has that sweet newborn smell, but it didn't make my ovaries physically hurt anymore. It does make me hope that I'll have my own before too long. Even if Naomi enjoys pulling hair.

Naomi blinks open her eyes, the color still that dark newborn grey, and looks around with her brows pinched together. I run my finger down her nose and coo at her. "Aren't you just pretty as a peach. Yes, you are."

I guess she doesn't like being called pretty because her little face scrunches up and she lets out a loud wail in indignation. Everyone knows at this point that the twin reign of terror will live on in the identical girls. Ryan's so sweet and quiet.

"Oh, Nay," I mumble, moving onto my feet. The problem is, Nay isn't my baby so my instincts can't really help when it comes to soothing her. Her arms wave in that uncoordinated manner most babies have until one comes in contact with a lock of my hair and she grabs hold of it like it's her lifeline. Babies have that hidden kind of strength and my scalp burns as she yanks her arms back down towards her chest.

"Nay," Val scolds, coming to us and reaching to take the baby from me, "we don't pull hair, you big meanie."

As Val attempts to untangle my hair from between Nay's fingers, it's clear she prefers being called meanie over pretty because she settles into the crook of Val's arm and stares up at the ceiling quietly. It's clear the Scott genes are very strong. I swear, if I end up birthing Trevor 2.0, I might lose it a little. One of him is more than enough.

Speak of the devil, Trev comes hurrying from the office with a big grin on his face. "Do you care about details or do you just want the news?"

"Just give me the news."

"We've got it! We still need to go to the bank to make it official, but the building's gonna be ours!" Trev cheers, wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me off my feet. I laugh a little, wrapping my arms around his neck for stability as he spins in a little circle.

"Look at you, Trev, finally growing up," Trav teases. "I'm so proud I could cry."

"F-"Trev starts until he feels the way I dig the pads of my fingers into his neck. "Screw you, acting like four minutes makes you the most mature person ever to grace the earth. At least I'm not carrying pennies in my... rear."